Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions before I continue this headache tomorrow. Is the aluminum spring eye bushing usually a press in fit? It was a pain to get in. Also my stock mono's are wider at the top, so when I installed what you see in the pic it seems like the bolts should be longer and the spacers should have been wider? Didn't make sense to me that I have to go buy longer bolts and more washers.

Just wondering if any of you other guys ran in to this problem and what you did? It's a 67.

I did some searching and everyone seemed to say they were an easy install. I guess I have a different definition of "easy".:D

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Yes, the aluminum bushings need to be pressed in. I had my local machine shop press mine in for a couple bucks. The bushings for the force transfer link bar should fit right up against the heim joint and the plates. Something doesn't look right in your pic...do the monoleaf Caltracs for Chevy IIs have a different part# than the ones for multileafs?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mono and Multi different part number? That could explain it. I don't know, I bought them off somebody here the end of last summer. Maybe he knows if there is a different part number for them. I'll check in to it. Thanks Dave.:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
You don't have to press in the aluminum bushings, Put them in the freezer over night, take them out and they'll slide right into place. It may take a little bit of effort but you won't need a press. If it's cold where your car is you can also heat the spring eye up with a heat gun to make the spring eye a little larger before you slide the bushing in.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot about that. I use to put bearings on my repointing machines that way. Worked great. Hopefully the other side will be much easier. Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Repointer said:
Mono and Multi different part number? That could explain it. I don't know, I bought them off somebody here the end of last summer. Maybe he knows if there is a different part number for them. I'll check in to it. Thanks Dave.:)
Directly from Calvert's site:

2200 61-67 CHEVY II
2300 67-69 CAMARO / 68-78 NOVA

Not sure if there's a difference between part#s or if they just use two part#s for inventory/sales purposes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Those were part number 2200 for a 62-67 CHevy II.:)

Looks to me that you stacked the aluminum washers on the bushing. The aluminum washers go on the outside of the triangular plates. All should be well after that. Now there were two sets of bushings and washers I believe that I included. One was done by Calvert for my custom leaf box I built for my car and the other was the ones that came with the kit. If the previous doesnt work then call Calvert and get the measurements for the bushings that come in the kit to be sure you used the correct ones. But I'm betting money things are installed in the wrong order. Lemme know if I can be of anymore help!!:)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NIIN20 said:
Those were part number 2200 for a 62-67 CHevy II.:)

Looks to me that you stacked the aluminum washers on the bushing. The aluminum washers go on the outside of the triangular plates. All should be well after that. Now there were two sets of bushings and washers I believe that I included. One was done by Calvert for my custom leaf box I built for my car and the other was the ones that came with the kit. If the previous doesnt work then call Calvert and get the measurements for the bushings that come in the kit to be sure you used the correct ones. But I'm betting money things are installed in the wrong order. Lemme know if I can be of anymore help!!:)
Yes, there were two sets of bushings. I figured the slightly longer ones with the smaller ID must have been for something else.
Yes, I did have the thinest washers on the inside of the plates in the first pic trying to make something work. As you can see in this pic it looks like I need thicker spacers on the heim joint? bolt. I think that's what was throwing me. Looking at Funky's pic #2 (Thanks for the pics Funky.) I see he has two extra spacers/washers on the outside.

Thanks for the help.
Chris

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Your leafs look weird to me.LOL You may call Calvert to see what they say if there is any difference between the multi's or mono's but I would be curious to know if the springs have ever been changed in your car. All the factory leafs I have had my hand on out of the 66 and 67's I've owned haventent been wider like yours and have a very large radius on the edge aroung the eyelets and the entire spring.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't be sure they are original, but the leafs in my 67 are exactly the same as the ones in my 66 and I'm almost sure those are original. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

The pic from 66chevyIISS shows a good shot of the lower spacer, which looks like the ones funky has. They are different than the ones I have. Thanks for the help.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts