Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As old man winter creeps in, I tend to find myself migrate to the garage for winter wrenching projects.

I have had my eye out for awhile for a Cal Custom Panther scoop. They are quite rare and were sold in pairs to mount to the underside of a hood. A NOS pair came available and I snagged them. I have always thought that it would be an awesome air cleaner, long, sleek, low profile.

My II had some nice tall Brodix valve covers and a large 14" air cleaner element with a brushed top. Now, I am a big fan of Brodix, but no real into the whole "advertising" deal. So, I milled the letters off the valve covers and then brushed them.

I made a aluminum plate for the bottom of the scoop and attached a billet air cleaner spacer to fasten to the carb.

The final product.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
ya know i'm not all into the advertizing BS either...

i have ta say the valve covers look fantastic... :eek: :yes:
but OH WOW the Scoop is Absolutely Bitchen!!! :drool: :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I AGREE ALL YOUR GOODS ARE BADASS! :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,615 Posts
looookin' goood :thumbsup: :yes:
I like it ALOT
schwabie

·
Registered
281 Posts
As old man winter creeps in, I tend to find myself migrate to the garage for winter wrenching projects.

I have had my eye out for awhile for a Cal Custom Panther scoop. They are quite rare and were sold in pairs to mount to the underside of a hood. A NOS pair came available and I snagged them. I have always thought that it would be an awesome air cleaner, long, sleek, low profile.

My II had some nice tall Brodix valve covers and a large 14" air cleaner element with a brushed top. Now, I am a big fan of Brodix, but no real into the whole "advertising" deal. So, I milled the letters off the valve covers and then brushed them.

I made a aluminum plate for the bottom of the scoop and attached a billet air cleaner spacer to fasten to the carb.

The final product.

I had a pair of them on my wagon when I brought it, I sold them for £10 ($15) I didnt know what they were worth and no one wanted them :no:,I guess I should of asked for opinions on here first :eek:, what agreat idea to make them into air filters way cool.
Cheers Ian

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nicely done man, Looks slick...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts