Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have an 8 point cage that is 1 3/4"x.134 wall and I use a 10 point conversion that is 1 5/8"x134 is that legal?

Also do the roll-cage plates have to be used if the cage is welded directly to the frame? It's a back-half car and the only part of the cage that is not welded to the frame is the front part of the door bar. I figured I can cut those out and weld in the 10 point conversion A-pillar bars and then weld the door bar onto the A-pillar bar to tie it all together.

Did you guys weld that part to a plate to the floor or did you cut a hole in the floor to allow it to be tied to the frame?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I am going to say most street cars just use the 6"x6" plate welded on the floor and the cage onto it. Some people go to the frame more on an all out race car or they tie into an outrigger off of the frame. Better to look up the rules if you are going to the track. Shouldn't need a plate if you go to the frame though.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The 1 3/4 cage part is legal since it is bigger than required. The windshield bar should go to the plates on the rocker box/floor then the shoulder bar goes to that. Hope that makes sense. I told you the same thing on FB

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
...Did you guys weld that part to a plate to the floor or did you cut a hole in the floor to allow it to be tied to the frame?
If there is a frame at that location, similar to the A-body frames that had a kick out to the rocker area, it's always best to weld the A-pilar bars to the frame. If not, the plates welded to the floor will have to do. Also, remember to fit the door bar to the A-pilar bar with enough room for the rocker bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts