Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am almost to the point of installing a cage in the car. I was wondering if anyone has installed their own and any pros or cons. Also who did you get yours from. This is going in a 75 nova mainly strip use with a few trips on the street during good weather. I plan on using swing outs for the ease of entry. There is no back seat in the car so that isnt an issue. I would appriciate any pics yall may have. If this would be better in another catagory please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help I may recieve. Ill try and post a few pics but just cant seem to get them to come up. Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
We have installed multiple cages. Depending on what room you have and what you're doing with you door handles and pulls, I suggest skipping on the swing outs.

My dad has them and we decided against them in mine. I find it easier to slide over than mess with the swing outs and pins.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This thread is a good idea, I plan on installing one in my sedan once I finish up the body work. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can share the rules/regs for building one?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cage

Thanks for the pics. They really help. I thing I am up in the air between the CE 10 point and the 8 point. I am thinking the extra $100 for the 10 point may seem crazy now but in the long run may pay off in saftey and possible to a 12 point later on. I need to pick up some square stock to make outriggers for the main hoop as I am replacing the passenger side rear pan it seems a good time to do it that way I can go to the outriggers and not the floor only. The reason for the swing outs is that I am a big guy with a bad back and crawling over doesnt seem like that much fun:no: As for the mini tub, I did that to my malibu and swore id never do it again. Below is pic of the malibu and the rear floor in the nova. I can get a 29 10.5 15 under it so I think that will be enough for what im doing. Any tips or ideas before I order the parts would be great. Thanks for all the help, Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
heres the cage in my 79. excuse the crappy state of my car. im redoing everything and its half apart right now.

trunk full of crap but heres the bars in trunk tried to get a decent pic

side view. tucked rear hoop back so you dont see it when door is open.

your not gettin in or outta my car without these swingers in place. swingers on both sides.

interesting foreign object hanging from my sun visor

up and over my awesome blue back seat.

side view

Ordered cage from jegs. 10 pt kit. left two small bars out so people could get in back seat. they would have went from bar that goes behind front seats down to floor at angles.

also, left in the cardboard roof panel cause i doubted id be able to get it back in once the cage was in. cage is all tig welded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts