Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boys need some thoughts here.I may have a chance to buy a 2010 CTS V 6.2L SUPERCHARGED engine and tranny with about 47000 klm on it.Was woundering if I could stuff that in my 67 Acadian,or would it be more trouble then I expect? Any comments are welcome. :beer1:

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
motor

Been looking for Motor for my new project that's a great engine if the price is right get the trans it best to get it as a pull-out so it includes the wiring and computer gas pedal.

Hook me up if you dont want it and the price is fair

Steve

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$12000 for everything,computers peddle,its a 6l90 tranny.Im guessing I would have major chopping to do on the tranny.Im thinking a hell of a lot of work and extra $$$ to swap it.:beer1:

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
You'll have to cut the tunnel for sure, then ground clearance is an issue. The 6L series are big transmissions. In addition, a cowl hood will probably be in order to clear the blower, even without the cover.

You could ditch the trans for a 4L70E or even an 80E, that would help. There are wiring solutions for the harness from Speartech and BP Automotive. You could sell the parts off to recoup some cost, but it can be done. Just depends on how far you are willing to get into it....

T,

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think I want to get into er that bad Tom.I think im looking for a sh...load of headaches.Plus the extra costs for everything else.Hell my wife aint that understanding if you know what I mean.:beer1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.