Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So interesting issue here - I have a 385 SBC in a 62, with a CA Chassisworks front subframe. I never installed the swaybar. Decided to and realize the oilpan I have on the motor now is directly inline with where the swaybar crosses over.

Anyone have a similar set up? SBC with CA front subframe and swaybar? What oilpan you running?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Where does the sway bar get installed in front of the crossmember or behind..?
What oil pan are you running..?

Post up some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a 62 with the CA subframe. I have a 357 ci SBC with a Stef's aluminun pan and no clearance issues with the sway bar. The front of the pan is very close to the power steering rack but lots of clearance on the crossmember and sway bar.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 62 with the CA subframe. I have a 357 ci SBC with a Stef's aluminun pan and no clearance issues with the sway bar. The front of the pan is very close to the power steering rack but lots of clearance on the crossmember and sway bar.
I really appreciate this thank you

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
So interesting issue here - I have a 385 SBC in a 62, with a CA Chassisworks front subframe. I never installed the swaybar. Decided to and realize the oilpan I have on the motor now is directly inline with where the swaybar crosses over.

Anyone have a similar set up? SBC with CA front subframe and swaybar? What oilpan you running?
what oil pan are you trying to fit currently ?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what oil pan are you trying to fit currently ?
Well I'm moreso trying to find a pan that will allow me to fit my sway bar.
Currently I have an oil pan that is larger and right in the path of where the sway bar crosses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts