Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do the eliminator bearings take to break in? there is alot drag on the rearend know that there installed. i called moser they said its normal and will free up, but the guy hung up on me before i could ask how long?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
A roller bearing doesn't break in. The seal and grease may make it stuff until you drive it but that shouldn't take a trip around the block to do. Did everything bolt up easy without pressure to align the bolt holes? You got a spool or a posi unit? Maybe the housing is bent?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A roller bearing doesn't break in. The seal and grease may make it stuff until you drive it but that shouldn't take a trip around the block to do. Did everything bolt up easy without pressure to align the bolt holes? You got a spool or a posi unit? Maybe the housing is bent?
I checked it again today, it freed up alot. But now when i try to spin the wheel(car is in neutral and the rearend iis off the ground) it still drags in some spots, others it moves almost effertlessly, but if i try and spin the other way then its back to having drag. Could it be my drum brakes? Either way its alot better than before. Thanks, Brian

Its a Moroso brute posi

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
It could be the brakes. If it worries you back off the adjuster. You can readjust if that frees it up.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
If the rear end gets tighter in certain spots the brake drums could be out of round. The ring gear could have a not been pulled down tight against the carrier. That will cause the the tooth contact to get tighter and cause some drag also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts