Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of water pump would I need for my 350? Ie long? short? reverse flow? Its 014 casting in my 74 nova. :confused:

·
Registered
508 Posts
if its an original set up it should be a long pump with standard flow. if you could snap a pic of your engine we could give you a for sure answer. you cant realy go off the block # because some one could have changed something around between then and now. hope this helps, Josh

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok It's stock right now like everything on the motor is bone stock and I wont be able to get a pic until next weekend. But I'll snap one for you guys and post it up.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Let me see if I can get this right. If you can put your fingers between the water pump and timing chain cover, it's a long water pump. A short water pump should be practically touching the timing chain cover. I'd be surprised if you need a reverse flow water pump. I'm not familiar off the top of my head what an 014 casting is, what year 350 is this?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The reverse flow pumps are used on single belt serpentine drive systems. They spin the water pump counter clockwise.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 3970014 casting is a 1970-73 350 2/4 bolt main just basically a run of the mill 350. A very common motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts