Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys could help me. A friend of mine is about to sell his 1965 Chevrolet Nova 4-Door. Its in good project shape and runs good. It is drivable, but needs an alignment and some carburetor work. The rear end clunks a bit and may need a bit of work. This is a five lug. The chrome and interior is all there. I haven't been able to make it over there to get some photos. He wants $3500 for it. Is he asking way too much? I am out of the loop on a 4-door. I know that its hard without photos, but could you at least tell me if that asking price is laughable. Thanks!:D

·
Super Moderator
6,596 Posts
Lots of 65 trim was one year only and not repop'd, so if it is all there the price isn't too bad but do a search on eBay and Craigslist to get an idea of what others are selling for and their condition.

There are a lot of people around here that have no love for the moredoors and will tell you their only worth is as a parts car. I'm keeping a list and their time will come :devil:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
buying a 4 door

hey man nothing wrong with a 4 door ive got one 64 v8 power steer car if you like it and your happy dont matter what the rest think and like was stated above one year trim buy it and enjoy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight. I have a 64 hardtop 2-Door, so I thought the 4-Door might be a good addition to the family. Make it a daily driver and maybe take it to Maaco for a quick paint job, just to make it shine a bit. If I pick it up and want to sell it later, would I have a tough time getting rid of it? I know the 2-Door's go quick. Just don't know about the 4-Door's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
in my opinion 3500.00 is a bit steep on price, depending on condition. I bought my 65 (which i just sold this weekend) for 1800.00 and drove it into the garage. It needed work as well but run and drove.

Granted, Ive noticed just in the last year alone prices seem to have started creeping up on CL for even moredoors.

If you like it, and feel its well worth the money, buy it up man! :devil:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm a 65ER ( Nut ) 1 year only & most people like 66 -67 saying that I think a 1965 4 door could be bought alday for $1500 or less .... But if you like it buy it'

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Larry @Rodney Thank you both for the info. I'll let him know that he is a little steep on the price. I like the car a lot, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When ever I see a first gen for sale and the ad says "just needs an alignment" it makes me wonder what kind of condition the front end is in. If it need a complete rebuild then you could end up spending a small fortune on that alone. If was to buy another stock Chevy II, I would inspect the front end carefully :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts