1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,842 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I made my shifter, using 3/8 plate CRS cut it out, shape I wanted, then instead of HURST, I had my first name engraved, polished it up, then had it chromed, turned out nice, but no one notice name or I made it, every now and then ill find a shifter at swap meet, looks close, ill modify it, ya have weld base bigger, so tip forward, then heat and bend towards ya, but always go back to one I made, its a 63 with bench seat, tremic 5 speed

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,842 Posts
at this time ... I'm just using the stock S-15 'shifter' in my Nova .... and, it clears both my dash & bench seat really well.
down th' road, I'm going with the "Core Shifters" T 5 shifter unit.

with their base shifter --- you can bolt any Hurst Handle onto their shifter. good reading, anyway, on their site .

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You can’t really duplicate the Hurst shifter with a T5 bench seat car, because the shifter will come up through the center of the tunnel. The original and Hurst shifter arm was off to the left of the tunnel and had a much longer throw.

I just cut and drilled an aftermarket original style Muncie handle to bolt to my Pro 5.0 shifter on my T5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts