Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what ticket do you get in Ca, for burning rubber, reckless driving, or exhibition of speed? I have burned a lot of rubber in my time on my harley and my hot rods, never got caught,but i have got plenty of speeding tickets.I am getting older and trying to be smarter about where i mess around, but i just got my nova going again and its hard not to get on it!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I was threatened once with a ticket for "excessive acceleration". He didn't give me the ticket but thats what he said he could have done. I just said "thank you officer". (Many moons ago)

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
It would be exhibition of speed. they could make it wreckless driving easy enough if they want to.

I got one when I was 17. Not fun. Luckily the judge was an ok guy. Gave me a $200 fine, and six months probation. said if I did'nt get in any trouble in that six months he'd dismiss the ticket. He did, and I got pretty lucky.

It is a serious ticket, and they can take you to jail if they want to.

·
Registered
930 Posts
yeah I remember one time I got on it around a corner and got the backend sideways and all the sudden I see flashing lights in my rearview. The cop wasnt even close when I did it but I guess He saw from down the street. The ticket was for exhibition of acceleration

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
My friend got a ticket for burning out and the ticket was for "audible tire friction" :confused::no:
Thats sounds like a freakin engineer wrote that ticket instead of a cop.

I told an engineer once that I had a bearing going out on a 35 ton Bliss punch press cause it had a growl to it. He corrected me and said what I had was an "unscheduled vibration.":eek:

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
i burned out in front of my house in the middle of the street to "test" :cool: my posi and there just happend to be a cop car in front of me just watching and he didnt seem to care just enjoyed it really :yes:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
thats funny u ask that, my buddy just sent me this in an email. dont know where he got it from, but the subject on the email was called "Cool Ticket"

JOHN

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Why take a chance? They can write you a book of tickets if they want to. I know if I get stopped in my car and the cop knows what to look for I could get bald tires, (Street ET's) loud exhaust, no hazzards, no horn, no backup lights, blah blah. The list goes on and on. You're better off not attracting any more attention to yourself and just cruise around in your car. Damn I sound just like my father. I am getting old

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Someone I know, some years back was cited for exhibition of speed, while on private property. The individual thought that since he was on private property, and alone, with no one watching, it was legal. So, he did a burnout, and got popped. In his driveway.....

If you are operating the motor vehicle, public or private, evidently, you are subject to the rules and regs of the motor vehicle code.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Interesting quote. If you had a front wheel drive car, and did a burnout, you could get out of it if the officer cited this particular statute.
LOL..... i knew someone would say something!!! i dont know even know if its a real tkt... but it sounded cool.... my buddy got it from some other forum...

JOHN

·
Registered
89 Posts
"spinning the wheels, causing tires to squeal"...that's what my warning ticket for catching 2nd said. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
In CA. you can get 1 or any/all combinations of exhibition of speed, reckless driving, street racing and engaging in a speed contest. And you will get hit hard. :yes:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am going to combine all the tickets for "Exhibition of Rubber"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I got pulled over in my camaro about 5 years ago. The ticket read, "squealing tires." The cop then tore it up and said, "if I see you do that again on my roads, I wont be as nice next time. But if your at the drag-strip, let it eat and show me what it will do." What a cool guy lol.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Exhibition of speed is what I got. There are various levels from a burnout on upto stretracing resulting in bodily harm or death. It cost me $240 back in 1999. The bad part, is it counts as two points on your record and no trafic school to get out of it. Took 5 years to come of my record for insurance rates. That sucked I havent done it since.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Someone I know, some years back was cited for exhibition of speed, while on private property. The individual thought that since he was on private property, and alone, with no one watching, it was legal. So, he did a burnout, and got popped. In his driveway.....

If you are operating the motor vehicle, public or private, evidently, you are subject to the rules and regs of the motor vehicle code.
My driveway is about 200ft long. I don't do it every day, but I have lite em up many times. That cop would have to prove it to me that he could make one stick on my own road or drive. Hell if that was the case they could write you up in the water box. They might get you for noise but like I said , he'd have to make a believer outa me on my own property.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts