Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me... I have a 1973 Nova Custom and I am not have much luck finding bumpers... I am asking for help since my only other option is to switch things around to be able to use 1972 bumpers... yes, I know some on this site do not like that, but I have searched everywhere trying to find bumpers. It seems that up to 1972 you can find as many as you want, but after that is just looking at eBay and salvage yards. I am in Texas and I have visited quite a few to only find a few bumpers that are more messed up than the ones I already have. I searched this site for a while with no luck, so sorry if this is a re-post.
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where at in Texas? I'm in Louisiana, there's a front one on Shreveport craigslist I've been eyeing, rear is sold already. My bumpers are good but have the trim, been thinking about snagging that one since its smooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yeah 73-74 bumpers are not reproduced.

Mine were in bad shape, so I got creative and hacked them apart and welded them back together. Pictures and details are in my build thread if you are interested.

Steve aka "Tarantula" on here has a 73 custom and he had his repaired and re-chromed. Check out his thread as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where at in Texas? I'm in Louisiana, there's a front one on Shreveport craigslist I've been eyeing, rear is sold already. My bumpers are good but have the trim, been thinking about snagging that one since its smooth.

I am in Nacogdoches... 90 miles from Shreveport... I will check craigslist again. The rear bumper is bent up really bad. Looks like previous owner was using it to push other cars around lol... Front one maybe repairable, but it is twisted a little, thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am in Nacogdoches... 90 miles from Shreveport... I will check craigslist again. The rear bumper is bent up really bad. Looks like previous owner was using it to push other cars around lol... Front one maybe repairable, but it is twisted a little, thanks for the responses!

Know exactly where Nacogdoches is! I'm from Logansport, LA but live in Shreveport. That one on Shreve Craigslist is the only luck I've had with 73' parts around the northwest, LA/East Tx area so far, had a few leads from others but they didn't pan out.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
i have 2 real nice front ones,not banged up.not rusted out,no rubber strip'
pm if interested

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I know of a good front bumper, with decent bumper guards installed.
There is a rear bumper with it, but I never took a close look at that one (also has bumper guards). The car doesn't have rear end damage, so the rear bumper may be okay.

'74 Hatchback in South Eastern Idaho.
The salvage yard that has the car is not the kind of place that's likely to be willing to ship bumpers, nor would I trust them with my money (face-to-face, cash-only, and make sure the vehicle still has VIN tags if you buy a parts car from them - they don't seem deal in stolen vehicles, but I've seen a lot of evidence that they sell tags and titles :mad:).
So, if you're interested, I would probably have to pick them up, crate them, and ship them myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts