Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i need to replace the bumpers on my 67. I'm curious if OER, AMD, Goodmark, or any others are decent, or if some of you have found something better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just replaced my front bumper with an OER premier. Left side Parking lamp holes where off and several edges of the bumper where rough.

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
616 Posts
Are your bumpers missing?

If not, why not consider having them rechromed? It runs about $350 each where I live to straighten and chrome and I believe they look and fit better than the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Nothing beats originals however I know that in many instances that's not an option.
Kinda all depends on your budget the way you go, new or rechome the old
I agree with both.
I have amd front and rear chrome bumpers.
They are nice. I went ahead and had originals rechromed by tri city
They look amazing. I’m gonna use them on a car with a lot of nice bright work.
They cost about $1000 for everything which is kinda high.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nothing aftermarket is going to fit as good as the original stuff. When building my car I got so tired of having to tweak or modify every aftermarket part that it was sickening. I also went with AMD for my bumpers.and yes, I had to tweak them also to bolt them up. They do look pretty good for what they cost. The AMD warehouse is in Atlanta. I drove over one day and picked up most of the sheet metal and stuff I needed. Their warehouse is huge.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. Mine are original & are starting to fade & get a little surface rust around the rear license plate. Those of you that rechromed, who did you use?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with both.
I have amd front and rear chrome bumpers.
They are nice. I went ahead and had originals rechromed by tri city
They look amazing. I’m gonna use them on a car with a lot of nice bright work.
They cost about $1000 for everything which is kinda high.
Thanks. I just looked up tri city. I will keep them in mind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Mine are original & are starting to fade & get a little surface rust around the rear license plate. Those of you that rechromed, who did you use?
If your only needing driver quality bumpers, 0000 steel wool and elbow grease will do wonders on chrome surface rust

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,551 Posts
Hate to tell everybody but with the recent Supreme Court ruling you will start paying sales tax on everything you buy online. Georgia starts their collection on 01-01-2019. Some states have already started it. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tax

Everything that come through customs here in New Zealand we already pay an extra 15%, on top of that our dollar is only worth .65 US cent to your dollar.
Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts