Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some new chrome bumpers for my 68. I was wondering if anyone knows quality wise which places to order from. There are quite a few out there. I know getting my old ones rechromed would look better, but that is a little more than I can afford at this moment. I want something that looks pretty good and will last a while. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Most aftermarket bumpers are the same. Although they are slightly thinner metal then factory bumpers the ones I have seen are pretty good.

As far as getting yours rechromed or getting rechromed originals, there are good and bad places to go to, so they say. I myself use my Goodmark bumpers and am happy. So I wont even try and say where to go or not with your originals.

But I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions for ya.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I see you are from WA...I know that Seattle Art Brass Plating in downtown Seattle on 3rd Ave. do a good job. (206) 767-4443
I had them strip and straighten mine and it was very reasonable. I sent them to a street rod shop in Portland who made them smoothies and then to a chrome shop in Portland. You will get the best quality if you have your originals redone but it's going to be more $ than if you buy some of the repops...if you aren't too picky.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Keep in Mind,
The aftermarket Bumpers "May" appear to Look the Same But if you feel around the edge on each corner of a GM Bumper you'll feel a Small Lip,
The aftermarket Bumpers Don't have this Lip.

This is How the Guys at the Showcars (Judges) Know how to declare a Re-Pop Rear Bumper;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have some repos I bought from classic industries that are not bad also got some Dynacore ones they rust real easy . if your car is not going to get wet repops are ok but you can't beat rechromed ones .

·
Registered
256 Posts
bumpers

i talked to bumper boyz the other day
i found out for my 74 it was going to cost 316.00 for frt
and the same for the back also
maybe less for your car
phone number is 1-800-815-9009

·
Registered
417 Posts
Aftermarket or re pops are more prone to rust, it's a good idea to paint the backside of them to prevent this.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
NIGHTSHADE said:
I'd say about $50 more but still not a bad price. How was shipping on it?
Well, if you're gonna be picky, yes it would be $50 more for TWO. :p :rolleyes:

Shipping was around $50, but that included both initial delivery and sending my original one back as a core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts