Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably done to death but which (opinion) one of these brands are better for 63' front and rear bumpers in this price range?

AMD
Goodmark

·
Registered
19 Posts
I prefer the thicker GM bumpers that have been re-chromed. I've bought a number from Bumper Boyz but always inspect them at the time of purchase. I bought another from a vender in Ca. that was selling at a swap meet in Az. and it was good too.
I guess we have to our eyes open for GM bumpers, we'll be working on uncle's '63 right after we finished installing the skid plate and poison spyder rockbrawler on the current Wrangler project.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
I agree, if it is in the budget always go with original GM bumpers. Just all around better. As mentioned, there are numerous vendors out of California that are selling re-chromed originals. They take them across the border and have them redone. Is it show quality, no, but normally fine for a nice driver.

The `Bumper Shop` was the main west coast swap meet entity for many years. `Bumper Boyz` I believe is one of their former employees. A new one recently popped up here at the PNW swap meets, have not used them yet. Probably all going to the same source in Tijuana.

Not being able to see the product in person is a bit risky. They do `under perform` periodically. The heads guys always make it right though. That could be a pain if shipping is involved. Where are you located?

If you are going to purchase repop ones, the newer OER ones are decent - both `authorized` and `premier`. Have not had any problems or complaints with them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Where do you live? I'm in New York I have a used pair for free GM parts The front is usable not bad for the age ...the rear was hit and bent a bit it .They are as i said GM bumpers for free and good cores for re chroming. They are not worth shipping you'd be better off with re pop for what shipping would be alone on these. The choice is yours and there free pick up only Let me know. If you are not anyone else reading this is interested let me know

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumpers

Thanks for the offer but im in Iowa.
Mine are decent but... front has a place on top where some idiot pulled with a chain and rear is perfect except the point on corner has been dented in
Other than that ….straight

·
Super Moderator
3,841 Posts
Always with with the originals. Shane's right. Also, they are thicker, a little heavier, and can more easily be straightened, according to my chrome guy.

Went with two originals on my car and paid $250 each to have them chromed. Well worth the cash outlay.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I gave my 67 front and rear original bumpers to the wrecking yard and bought Goodmarks replacements. Sorry I gave up the originals but not sorry about the Goodmarks. They are great. I didn't think anybody would want the originals because it would cost to much first to re chrome and second shipping to a buyer would be prohibitive. By the way got nothing from the wrecking yard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts