Chevy Nova Forum banner

761 - 766 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #761
The control arm bushing are replaced. I took advantage of the extra time adjusted my ride height. The car sat too level before so I raised the rear of the car up about 1" to give the car a little bit more rake. Visually, it made a huge difference. Now, I need to borrow the scales to rebalance the weight distribution again...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #762
Well, the Goodguy's Show was a flop. We had rain scheduled for the whole weekend. Some friends of mine live near by and ended up going. They sent me the picture (below) of their lonely car in the autocross area. I figured I would keep and eye on the forecast and if we got a break in the weather where I thought I could get a few runs in, I would drive down for Saturday or Sunday. Well, later on Friday, Goodguy's posted on their Facebook page that they were closing the show due to the Corona virus and were canceling Scottsdale, AZ the following week.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #763
My wife is a school teacher and the school district announced on Monday that they were going to close for the week due to Corona. The following week is spring break so they will re-evaluate in 2 weeks. So, I figured I would try to work a couple hours every day on either my Chevy II or my International Scout. My first project was to install a transmission cooler. I cut a hole in my air dam and built a grid to funnel air through the transmission cooler. I put a light coat of body filler on the grinding scratches and should be able to sand, primer, and paint in the near future.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks good man. Illinois is all but shut down for the foreseeable future. I’m more or less laid off only working 2 days a week. Both kids are out of school, probably for the remainder of they year so Wife and I are learning how to teach. Crazy times

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #765
Looks good man. Illinois is all but shut down for the foreseeable future. I’m more or less laid off only working 2 days a week. Both kids are out of school, probably for the remainder of they year so Wife and I are learning how to teach. Crazy times
Yep. We are living in crazy times. This will go down in our memories with other significant events such as September 11th, JFK's assassination, D Day, etc. Many people will get laid off and we will lose many small businesses because of this. My heart goes out to all who are struggling during this time. There is not much we can do other than isolate ourselves and ride it out. It seems like we are watching a bad movie.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #766
I finished the air dam/transmission cooler project this afternoon and took it for a 20 mile or so drive. I really think it is running and driving better than ever. It was a cool day and I noticed that when driving down the interstate that the temperature was staying right on the 200 degree thermostat. The air dam seems to be really working at creating a larger low pressure zone behind the radiator to draw more air through it. It will be interesting to drive it again in a few days when the temp is supposed to be up to about 85 degrees. Overall, I am super happy with the changes I have made lately. The suspension is definitely more firm with the new springs but it has really eliminated a lot of body roll.

761 - 766 of 766 Posts