Chevy Nova Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Nova SS
700 Posts
Both of those are long gone along with all my records and pictures. Divorce is expensive in more ways than just $$$... My ex sold my Impy for $2,000 to pay rent and to spite me. I nearly had a heart attack that day. One of my worst days ever.
Good lord! Sorry to hear that buddy. Damn.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Good lord! Sorry to hear that buddy. Damn
Live and learn, man. It's only stuff... (Stated sobbing and contemplating ) I have a new project now and my gf is a solid person with a good head on her shoulders and is totally supportive of my endeavors... So, live and learn... Thanks, though. It was a terribly painful experience I care to never repeat

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Yup. She knew it would kill me. All good. We're friends now for my kid's sake. He's more important than any car or anything else. All three of my sons are my life and even though they're all adults now, they're still MY kids, so... Gotta be a good human!!!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Live and learn, man. It's only stuff... (Stated sobbing and contemplating ) I have a new project now and my gf is a solid person with a good head on her shoulders and is totally supportive of my endeavors... So, live and learn... Thanks, though. It was a terribly painful experience I care to never repeat
I hope you didn't say that same thing about yourself 1st wife.😆😆😆.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Those past 2 projects look finished enough for me. Looking forward towards the wide body metal work too. Sorry about the Impala.
Thanks, @Dirty Joe . Couple thousand hours in those two builds easily. The bike was a basket case, boxes of rust and bent crap and my Impy was a field find with rats and various other animals... Living in it for years. Very little rust though so it was more sanding than anything... Easy breezy but smooth as glass when I was done. Really wish I had all my books on my builds. She did take everything and dumped it right after the divorce was final. Is what it is.. I really can't wait to get cutting but I want to clearly outline all my work before I start hacking so... Planning first, then templates and testing, THEN... hacking... And only then. I can do the fab and metal work, just want to do it correctly and only 7-8 times :p

·
Premium Member
1972 6 Cylinder Dragster :)
385 Posts
Just picked up these beauties for $400 for the pair from an acquaintance who races here in CA!! Alky ready, just need a good cleaning and rebuild! Should be good for my E85 build!!
View attachment 423366
Cali must be a goldmine for all of these things. I’m going to need to give you access to my account so you can buy on my behalf…what a steal.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
Hoping someone can help me identify this Holley Alcohol carb from C&S. Got it from a friend and am getting ready to put a rebuild kit in it for E85 and wanted to know what it has had done to it before I work on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated :). I have an email into C&S but not sure they'll know either...

Alky reworked 750 as far as I know... 4150? (3752...)

Markings are as follows (also see pics):

Main throttle body marked as hand stamped # : 8288A
Main Throttle body cast # 6R 3752 B

All four throttle blades marked: 354 V

Metering block stamped: Secondary-11166 3 / Primary-11180 3

Float Bowl: 4

I have no clue!!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
buy on my behalf
Hey, bro! If you're looking for something in particular, I have friends in low places! HAHAHA!!!... And slightly higher ones too. Lemme know and I'll work some Cali magic out here for ya!! (y)(y)(y) It IS a venerable goldmine of good used parts. These carbs are not cheap!! And they seem to have a lot of life left in them, just need some magic worked in the cleaning and green alky gasket avenues...

·
Registered
764 Posts
You sure it's an alky carb? it doesn't look it on the surface, but it could be a stealth model(rules bender).

Metering blocks, air bleeds and fuel bleeds, and likely the boosters will all have to be changed for E85.
If the carbs are alky, every passage will be too big....a problem for proper signal draw as far as the booster leg passages and metering block main wells sizing.

Throttle plate diameter and main venturi minimum diameter will tell you the CFM actual.

Most guys who do E85 conversions would rather start with a gas carb rather than try to retro-fit an alky carb back to less fuel volume.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
E85 conversions
Well, one is stamped alky so, the other one is suspect so not sure. I have a stock 750 too and have been looking at conversion kits from a number of places. Any suggestions @Ericnova ? Guess I have some nice paperweights for craigslist or ebay.. lol

101 - 120 of 160 Posts