Chevy Nova Forum banner
481 - 498 of 498 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Found this old Fast Five ticket stub from the premier showing back in 2011 I attended with my family. I have the tribute 2002 SVT Lightning now as my daily R.I.P. Paul Walker.
Rectangle Font Art Handwriting Pattern

Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
6-9-2022: Update on status METHTRAP

So almost all moved in and ready to bring the beast home to rest for the build. Smeding 406 showing up here today (FINALLY!!! waiting since Feb!!) and brought home my second rollaway last night for the remainder of all my tools so I can get my lazy A$$ to work!!! :p My son has his Luv truck parked in our car port for the dismantle and grinding stages and the METHTRAP will be coming home to the new garage as soon as I clear a few more things out of the way so it will fit. I HAVE FAR TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!

Motor vehicle Automotive design Luggage and bags Automotive tire Bag
Automotive tail & brake light Car Plant Vehicle Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

My son is so excited to actually start stripping his truck!! Been a long long time coming but FINALLY!!!

More updates soon!!! I promise!! :p

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Oh hell, you're just a beginner at collecting things, I've been at it for over 50 years. I have a 32 X 48 building with an 8 X 48 mezzanine, and I barelay have enough room to work on my Nova.
Yeah, working that direction!! :p Between me and my wife, we're totally screwed! We have quite the collection of damn near everything so far... He/she who dies with the most stuff...

Dies! :p

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Update June 21, 2022: Smeding 406" boost motor showing up today FINALLY!!! Been waiting for this thing to be built since February this year. Can't wait to see it and get it prepped for my build!!

Chock full of HP goodies, Jacob at Smeding said it's good to about 840 crank (700 WHP) on 6-10# boost. Thinking with the intercooler I'm going to run it should be really close to those numbers and on a conservative tune with E85, could make that and run it reliably all day long. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm probably going to need to upgrade the trans from the M22 Muncie to the TKX or Magnum box... Not sure how much that Muncie could handle repeatedly with all that torque... Guess we'll see...

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
That looks awesome even with the plastic on it!! Need some pics on the stand with the intake on, that's some serious HP.
Soon... Soon... I don't want anything to happen to this motor so in the crate (lol, quite literally a crate motor) it stays until I'm ready to assemble it with the intake and all other goodies, then... In the car it goes! Gonna be a while, sadly... But patience is my middle name.. hahaha.. ugh

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 · (Edited)
Where did you get the engine from, did you say it's a 406?
Jacob at Smeding built it for me (shameless plug)!! Dart SHP block, forged 6" H-beam rods with ARP forged 7/16" bolts, JE 9.0:1 coated blower pistons with bronze floating pin bushings & floating pins, Cometic MLS head gaskets, .544/.543 w/ 236/244 duration @.050 roller cam, forged crank, ARP head studs, worked over alum heads with 2.02/1.60 stainless valves, 65cc chabmers, 195cc intakes, hand-blended bowls, the works.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·

Went with the billet 168 tooth flywheel, the eliminator cam, a few other things... Can't wait to fire this beast up. I couldn't build this motor for much less than what it cost me. I got a deal as their prices went up right after I bought it but I paid in full at time of order so that was a nice feeling to be done with it in cash! Then the wait... Patience!!!

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
Very strong motor, things gonna rip.
I'm gonna take it easy so it lasts a long long time. Figure the '70 Nova is light enough 700 whp will be more than I'll ever need most of the time... "most" of the time :p Should definitely rip though!!

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
My favorite time of year, and the worst time of year... But I love my job!!
Cloud Sky Plant Automotive tire Wood
Sky Shorts Cloud Wheel Wood
Cloud Sky Working animal Shorts Wood

City of Oroville, California aerial firework display setup going well. My first job as their new fire marshal... Way to get broken in... Trial by fire quite literally!! :p

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Dokken concert at Cal Expo Rock-N-Brew with the wife! Good times for all. ran across one of the inspectors I know from Cal Fire so the owner of Rock-N-Brew had to get our picture... and a few more...
Smile Sunglasses Sky Vision care Cap

And some old and new members of the DA's office here in Sac... and some other guys.. LOL
Footwear Jeans Smile Shoe T-shirt

And I got to see one of my favorite guitarists of all times, George Lynch play with Don Dokken on Don's birthday too!! WHOO HOO>>> Poor old Don! Still rockin' though... (crappy pic)

Purple Human body Performing arts Music Violet

481 - 498 of 498 Posts