Chevy Nova Forum banner
461 - 480 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah, structurally, I'm having mixed feelings... Not running a full cage, just 8-point so it's considered a bar per NHRA rules. That'll be one to think on however, the wiring I think will be a new harness entirely. I just don't want to spend countless hours troubleshooting old wires with questionable resistance and connection as well as insulation which may have reduced ability or increased britility... due to age, heat, chemicals, meth... You know... PO stuff! GO METHTRAPNOVA!!
I’m curious what you did on the transmission hole; 4WD PU have a removable plate just like that. Sorry if you covered it later on the thread.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
I’m curious what you did on the transmission hole; 4WD PU have a removable plate just like that. Sorry if you covered it later on the thread.
Well, still not quite there yet and toying with a new TKX with the blown 406 instead of the M22 but still contemplating. I plan on using rivnuts for the circumference of the hole and attach the panel I have to cover it using allen cap screws.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It’s been a long time since I pulled my old PU apart, but I think the lip on the trans hole had a flange about an inch wide. It sure made clutch swaps easier. The trans tunnel on these cars is a little smaller than necessary, maybe it could be enlarged while a person is modifying.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
It’s been a long time since I pulled my old PU apart, but I think the lip on the trans hole had a flange about an inch wide. It sure made clutch swaps easier. The trans tunnel on these cars is a little smaller than necessary, maybe it could be enlarged while a person is modifying.
Yeah, I'm planning on enlarging it across the pan when I replace each side and I'll raise the hump and tunnel accordingly. Probably add about 1.5" in height to accommodate any changes I may make with the TKX if I go that way. I'll of course add pictures to my build... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
On another note... My son loading my BMX bike collection to take to the new house... I think I need to see some of these!! NEED THE ROOM FOR CAR PARTS!!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
How's the El Camino fairing.
My kid keeps messing with the idle air mix on the edelbrock... Ugh. I had it dialed with the vacuum gauge and guess he figured at 19 he knows best so.. hahaha... Peeeeeeeeeuuuuuuu!!! Rich idle!! Runs like a champ though and he loves it!!

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
Fortunately for him, he has been wrenching with me since he was about 4 years old so... He likes to tinker with things and see what happens. He's still learning, just like me!! :p but yes indeed, easy to buy horsepower and fast cars. That's why there are junkyards filled with totalled mustangs,!! Hahaha Instantaneous power, just make the payments... No respect for what it took to build your car and not a soul around to teach them. Thank F for folks like @bruinfan1966 for teaching our skills to the masses of HS kids he does!! Much respect! If I meet a kid who shows even a spark of interest, I teach them!!

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·
This is my oldest son circa 1993-4 working with me in the garage. He was always ready to work but moved on to other things later in life that interest him more.
Shorts Barrel T-shirt Gas Toddler

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
well, picked up an almost new 100' 3/8" Goodyear air hose for $20 with quick connect ends already installed and then I got two 2-axis machine vices for $30 for the pair! Kinda dusty but no rust and they work so one on the drill press and one on the mill!!
Sewing machine Machine tool Tool Gas Wood

Courtesy of my wonderful wife!! She finds me all these great deals on FBM or CL and how can I say no?!?

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Found this in my garage today... No clue where it came from! The keyway is pretty wallowed out, no wonder the thing cracked the way it did. Bet the crank snout looks pretty bad too...
Artifact Art Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Font

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Not a METHTRAP update, but a good solid update nonetheless!
My son's LUV truck has moved to the new house and now his work finally begins! We bought this truck in 2016 and has sat buried in my old garage since then. New life brings new hope for my son. I tried to keep my promise, just took a bit longer than I had anticipated, no excuses!!
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

He was absolutely elated!!

I love you, kid!!! Sorry it took so damn long to get here but... Here we are!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does the Luv has a modern front steer/ disc brake front end? You see a lot of S-10 drag cars, they evidently have a solid frontend design. I don’t know anything about Luvs, never owned one.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
Does the Luv has a modern front steer/ disc brake front end? You see a lot of S-10 drag cars, they evidently have a solid frontend design. I don’t know anything about Luvs, never owned one.
We have a late model lexus IS300 rear IRS and getting a 2011 Crown Vic front aluminum subframe to turn it into a drift missle with coilovers at all 4 corners. My kid has ambition! Gutting the old leafspring rear and torsion-bar front. It's awful! Plus, he needs modern suspension built to handle the blown sbc we have going in it.

461 - 480 of 496 Posts