Chevy Nova Forum banner
181 - 200 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Hahaha. Out the pockets into the car and put the pipes.
Hopefully, sooner than later! Weather is cooling off and now I can begin my work. Lots of metal fabrication and cutting so now that it's in the 70's or lower, the transformation begins!! Big huge pile of parts here waiting for installation!!

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
eagerly awaiting more in-car videos, as surely you can't wait to make more.

keep plugging away!

-Rusty
Yeah, the last ride in that beast was pretty much it for adrenaline. No traction in any gear, no power steering but a power steering car, it was like being a kid all over again in my '62, Muncie M22 gear whine and all!! Can't wait to get it started and back on the road to work out all the kinks. Should be epic!! Thanks, Rusty! Looking forward... Always, regardless of vehicle direction :p

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Cool that tank finally arrived. Short of fabricating a new suspension for these cars, I’ve heard from multiple people multiple times that the Calverts are the way to go
Totally! I was contemplating different heights but landed on the -1" and with the sliders instead of shackles, I should net about 1.5-2" drop and I can always add a spacer later for more if I need to. I have the two-hole CalTracs sitting here in a box since early this year and I just got the UPS notification the springs are headed my way so YAY ME!! LET THE CUTTING BEGIN! My wide body dream is going to come to fruition at long last!

·
Premium Member
1972 6 Cylinder Dragster :)
472 Posts
Totally! I was contemplating different heights but landed on the -1" and with the sliders instead of shackles, I should net about 1.5-2" drop and I can always add a spacer later for more if I need to. I have the two-hole CalTracs sitting here in a box since early this year and I just got the UPS notification the springs are headed my way so YAY ME!! LET THE CUTTING BEGIN! My wide body dream is going to come to fruition at long last!
You've currently got multi's so you probably aren't suffering from drooping like I may be. The guy at Calvert suggested I go with stock height because we aren't sure how much the current suspension is drooping. As @xxdabroxx has stated and done, lowering blocks are an option.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
You've currently got multi's so you probably aren't suffering from drooping like I may be. The guy at Calvert suggested I go with stock height because we aren't sure how much the current suspension is drooping. As @xxdabroxx has stated and done, lowering blocks are an option.
Yeah, no doubt! I think the spring packs in there are likely some aftermarket junk knowing what I know from the guy I got this pig from. He cobbled things together with all sorts of unorthodox parts and methods so no telling if they're even from another X-body so... Beyond me to know that info. Pretty sure with the -1", my car should sit right about where I want it with the sliders so, next step is getting them all figured out and pinion angle but that's a measurement wayyy down the road from now. Fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Update 10-13-2021:

Returned cam and lifters to Jegs. Lifters are no longer the awesome hardened face lifters they once sold and I will not be installing anything less than that unless it is a roller which is my next likely choice now that the lifter companies have all by turned to total crap. For the cost of a Morel Lifter set, I can pick up a decent roller retrofit without the issues of the flat-tappet break in and lobe wipe I have been hearing about for the last year. I am really skeptical about any of the current flat-tappet followers unless they're the top-of-the-line and I really don't want to throw good money after bad for still just a flat-tappet cam and parts when I could gain significant benefit from a roller in this 355 which will be going to my youngest for his build anyhow. I will be researching the roller kits (springs, cam, lifters, etc.) for this motor and will listen to any and all input from the usual suspects here (you know who you are... LOL) and I will appreciate all the input immensely. PARTY ON, GARTH!! :p

Added pictures for what was shipped vs. what I received (stock photos show the old hardened-face lifters, my photos show total crap!! Comp Cams has a new lifter manufacturer/supplier (confirmed by tech support at Jegs) and I refuse to ruin an engine using what they sent me. They were totally awesome on the return and they paid return shipping, no questions asked.

Per Seth @ Jegs customer support email: Comp got back to me and they did confirm that the photos that you provided are the new 812-16.

Light Wood Lighting Automotive lighting Audio equipment
Automotive tire Metal Font Auto part Publication
Automotive tire Office supplies Office equipment Font Auto part
Tool Cylinder Font Household hardware Nickel

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
UPDATE 10-14-2021:

Girlfriend found this batch of SBC awesomeness on FB Marketplace for me for $150... maybe less. I'm not a FB user so I could really miss out on some great finds but she's all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich!! She looks out for me and my kids for sure!! Love her to death!!! Blower pulleys and all!!! LOL!

Jewellery Eyewear Auto part Font Metal

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
You fall in ** and come out smelling like a rose. I fall in ** and come out smelling like ****.👍
I just got back and the guy threw in so much more stuff HOLY CRAP!!! I got a giant crate full of parts! And he has this for $150 which I may go back and pick up from him later today if it's still available:

Font Wood Rectangle Screenshot Bullet

I mean, my GF is badass but this is beyond!! I love that girl!! :love::p:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
okay, so there's a ton of great stuff. My youngest just came by to go through it and we found this old as F like first-gen Weiand blower blow-off plate. It's magnesium and hella cool! One of my favorite pieces yet!! Gonna lightly clean it and leave some patina on it for nostalgia-sake!

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Gas

181 - 200 of 274 Posts