Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I bought this fantastic 3/4 HP buffer from Caswellplating.com last week and thought other members of this forum would be interested in it too.
I first tried a smaller buffer from Harbor Freight but it would not allow me to put a lot of pressure against the buffing wheels. Even at just $39.00 (on sale) I decided I needed a better, more powerful buffer. Since I could not justify the $500.00 to $600.00 for a Baldor buffer I bought this one from Caswell for $259.00. Actually, I bought my buffer as a kit for $319.00 and it came with an assortment of 8" wheels and buffing compounds. Caswell also sells individual wheels and compounds in a variety of diameters and arbor sizes. They also have tech assistance available on the phone.
I had been using a denim wheel for my initial buffing but they suggested I try a sisal wheel which contains pieces of rope in the wheel. The improvement in my initial step is amazing. I spend less time and less effort making the initial cut on my stainless trim and this wheel does a much better job of removing the tiny scratches in my stainless pieces. For the price of $4.79 per wheel (they are 1/2" wide so you need to use two) I would recommend this to you even if you already have a buffer that you are happy with.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i used Harbor Freight buffing pads (doubled up for thickness) on a short arbored 1/2hp electric motor. the pads are about 6" diameter which is OK for clearance around the motor body... you have to be careful though...

works decent enough, of course the longer shaft on yours makes it so much easier... more professional too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
thats a great buffer, i have the one from harbor freight and it worked great for me . yeah you cant push real hard but i figured for me that was a good thing as i have not done this step myself before. plus my trim was not all that bad so it didnt take much effort to make it shine like new. i use the sisl wheel for the rough cut and a floppy loose wheel to make it really shine. your advise to use 2 wheels side by side is a great idea, wish i had thought of that , :attention:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i used Harbor Freight buffing pads (doubled up for thickness) on a short arbored 1/2hp electric motor. the pads are about 6" diameter which is OK for clearance around the motor body... you have to be careful though...

works decent enough, of course the longer shaft on yours makes it so much easier... more professional too.
a longer shaft ALWAYS helps...:rotfl:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
BUT AS FOR THE BUFFER, YA GOT A LINK TO IT GREG? :confused:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NEVERMIND I RE-READ IT AND GOT IT! :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts