Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a sleeper LS swapped 4 door. The car is beat to hell and Im not looking to buy a 1000 setup if I can avoid it. Whats everyone running in the budget world?

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,011 Posts
I did mine 8 years ago so I’m sure prices have gone up. There wasn’t much as far as duel pass out there that I could afford. So I got the biggest universal Summit one that would fit , just under $200 and 2 11” Spal fans, $98 each. My son can weld so we moved the bottom outlet to the passenger side and split the passenger tank with a plate and added a bung for the steam port. I made the shroud and mounting brackets. So basically $400 and some fab work. I live in Arizona and have never had an issue, even 115* with the AC on.

Jegs and Speedway have some duel pass for just under $200 and maybe use a Taurus fan ?

71F5D03B-F4DA-4C72-8D76-AD8009C2EA2A by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I used a 60 dollar used griffin sbc radiator on my turbo ls... cools great

Had to adapt for different sizes of hose using the gates slide on spacer on the bottom outlet... used a stock truck 5.3 upper rad hose spliced for my temp sensor and steam vent

I have friends using old 6 cylinder nova radiators cooling their ls's

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've heard some folks on here using champion radiators. They seem to have decent luck with them and can find them on Ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts