Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get the new foam for my buckets but i have no idea what they came out of, they came with the car but in the trunk>> so is there a part number on them or any way to make sure that i get the right stuff?... From as far as i can tell the look just like 62-65 ss buckets but there seems to be a few different ones that look real similar..66, 68.. ect.. and does anyone know of any cheaper places to get the cushins? Tamaraz has em for 155.45.. thats the cheapest ive found.. thanx

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Post some pics and we'll try to help. I've been through this with my '63 so, I'll help if I can. Do they fold straight or do they fold at an angle inward, away from the fore/aft adjuster on the side.

Chuck

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they fold straight, ill try to get some pics, i dropped them off to get re done, and thats where we ran into the prob!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
More than likely, your seats are '65. They require a '65 seat cover, as the '63 covers are too wide by an inch and a half (approx.). I ran into this as well when I was lookinng for seats for my '63. I finally found the right seats (well the frames anyway). They came out of a '63 Buick Special. You can still use the seats you have but you'll either have to modify the '63 covers, or find a '65 pattern that you can use throughout your car.

Chuck

·
Registered
338 Posts
You need to go to Originality section of forum.:)

Page 1 - Originality
Sticky -by 71SS - 66-74 Nova buckets and mounts Research, 5 pages long - pics here of bucket seats!

Page 2 - Originality
-by 63 AzureAquaSS - 1963 SS Bucket Seat Tracks, 2 pages long - pics here of 63 SS bucket seats and track adjuster diferences!

Look at this and you may be able to figure out what you have.:yes:

Gary

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
great info thanx!! oh and does anyone have any input on where to get new side chrome for them? ive ran into some real crap while building a vw recently and dont want to buy something that i am stuck with thats just chineese junk!..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts