Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to put bucket seats in the 78. What all is need for the correct fit. I have been looking for a seat of camaro or nova seats tall back.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I was going to post a link to a seat adapter from classic industries but reading it closer it seems that they are to replace original seats to match up to the procar seats, i dont think it matches the floor pattern... so above post is about it i guess.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I made my adapters out of 1/2" hollow steel tubing and long bolts, just to make them level. Not the greatest solution, but it works.

The Nova's floorpan is about as far from flat as you get, so typical aftermarket seat adapters, mostly based on a flat-floor car, are virtually useless.

I have 1999 Monte Carlo seats in my car, and, once leveled, they sit great, but unfortunately you do have to be creative to make them work.

J

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have been thinking about using 7/8 slotted unistrut so I can level and bolt it to the floor. Then I can adjust the seat side to side wherever it fits the best. I currently have Cavalier seats that were not quite centered with the steering wheel. Then when I change out the seats, I don't have to make new holes in the floor and carpet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've added buckets out of a 72 Blazer in my 77. I also used 1/2" square tubing to make a new mount. Really wasn't too bad, just need a little patience to make sure the seat is level and square.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

Here is a photo of the brackets that I made. I welded grade 8 bolts to the brackets and used them as studs. The seats and brackets came from a 1976 Ventura.
I would recommend trying the fit if possible before making it permanent.
Also another thing worth mentioning is that if you decide to make your own bracket, make sure that both seat tracks are in the same position either all way back or all way forward. This will assure that the seat is mounted square. My seats sit a little bit high up for my taste but I am 6'4". I plan to cut and re-weld next winter and hopefully gain a half inch or so. I think my bracket was 3/4".
Hope this helps.
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts