Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Moredoor came with a bench seat. I'd like to switch to bucket seats when I get to the interior portion of the build. I will be replacing the 194 with a 327 and will have to move the shifter to the floor. It's going to be a while before I need the seats but If I know what seats will work i can keep my eyes open for them. Thanks & Happy Holidays to all.

·
Vendor
1,760 Posts
You can use earlier Corvair, A or B Body seats roughly from 1965 down. 1964 - 65 A Body in particular are a good fit. These are the more square low-back seats. They will fit in a 1st gen and are generally the same as what the Nova used. Try to get seats with seat tracks on them already.

Going the new route, the Procar seats are a great deal as they come fully upholstered and ready to go. I have multiple customers running them with all positive feedback. When you factor in the cost of the used seats and reupholstering them, they are really not that much more money. And waaaay more comfortable.

Reactions: LSCustoms

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
There are lots of bucket seats that will fit and work well in a 4-door. You don't need the fold-forward feature used in 2-door models. Original GM buckets are going to be pretty pricey. I have used buckets from Jaguar, BMW and Subaru in my cars by adapting the mounting hardware to fit my floor.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Im using a set of 06' GTO seats. They are nice and bolstered. And fit better than i thought. Still on the fence if im deleting the headrest for the classic look or keeping it. They are fully powerd too. But I will have to get the top pc reupholsterd for obvious reasons. I ll have to choose head rests or not by than

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
This is a thread that I did on installing Acura seats in my 63.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts