Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I need to replace the stock bench seat and would like to know what year and model cars had buckets that will fit correctly. ie..can you install later year seats out of a 96 Camaro or do I have to stick with something from the 60's? Are there special tracks made for converting a 65 from bench to buckets, if so where can I get them?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
chevy2only should have the lil tracks you'll need that goes on the floor nearest the trans tunnel , after that I'd say jus look at the way the later model seats are mounted you should be able to tell if they'd work??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am currently looking at some Chrylser Sebring 96-06 front buckets for my '65as they have the build in shoulder harness, which I would like to add.
509chevyII

·
Registered
49 Posts
65 bucket seats

If you want bucket seats that fit right I would suggest Corvair bucket seats, but since your car came with a bench seat you will have to drill some holes on the inner portion of the interior.(near the drivetrain hump.)and weld a patch of sheetmetal around your holes to give it support and make it strong. I put 67 corvair bucket seats on my '65 4-door, they fit nice and look great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
seats

I got 2 buckets out of a wrecked 06 suzuki car, i dont remember the name of it, but they fit without using the aftermarket tracks.I did have to drill more holes and reinforce the bottomside with washers and top side also, it looks good and sits good.Only paid 50.00 dollars for the pair at our local junk yard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want bucket seats that fit right I would suggest Corvair bucket seats, but since your car came with a bench seat you will have to drill some holes on the inner portion of the interior.(near the drivetrain hump.)and weld a patch of sheetmetal around your holes to give it support and make it strong. I put 67 corvair bucket seats on my '65 4-door, they fit nice and look great!
Thanks
Can you post some pics of your Corvair buckets?
Bart

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 2 buckets out of a wrecked 06 suzuki car, i dont remember the name of it, but they fit without using the aftermarket tracks.I did have to drill more holes and reinforce the bottomside with washers and top side also, it looks good and sits good.Only paid 50.00 dollars for the pair at our local junk yard.
Cool....can you post pics of those seats installed?
Thanks
Bart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts