Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help finishing up my seat back, this is the first time ive done this so im sure im not doing it right but its been looking good up to this point, here is the picture I took before, not much help, what do I do with this material? anybody have a picture of how its supposed to look?

if that picture doesn't work you can see it here

http://goonchild.blogspot.com/

thanks,

arndog

·
Registered
982 Posts
those cant be original, it looks plain awful, that extra material seems to be someones spare stuff they just stuffed into the seat. if you are reupholstering it you would just have pieces cut and sewn to the proper dimensions, but if that is the extra material on new covers, i would try neatly folding, and hog ringing it to the frame, it looks like you could make a fake seam with a fold to making it look proper.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
It's basically all that was done originally. Since it was virtually unseen, any that I've worked on were just loosely folded under and ringed as shown in your pic. :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
It's basically all that was done originally. Since it was virtually unseen, any that I've worked on were just loosely folded under and ringed as shown in your pic. :yes:
yea Tony is right :yes:
I recently pulled apart some bucket seats and thats exactly how it was :yes:
kemoschwabie

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, how about this stamped steel piece and speed nut / clip

the left finger is on the stamped steel piece and the right finger is on the speed nut, hole in stamped steel piece lines up with speed nut

its almost like you smash the material in the stamped steel piece and secure with the nut

if the picture doesn't work go here

http://goonchild.blogspot.com/

arndog

·
Registered
354 Posts
My 63 had a little prong sticking out so once you pulled the material past it would catch it to keep it from backing out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts