Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i broke an rocker arm and recovered 28 out of 35 neddle bearings do I need to tear the motor apart to find the rest

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I lost a roller lifter on the Power Tour--we cut open the filter and went thru every inch of it....couldn't find anything. The next day while looking for some Kansas City BBQ, I lost all oil pressure. I got towed to Gateway International, which was the next stop, where I was supposed to have a match race, and one of the guys on the tour dove under my car and found the oil pump seized from the needle bearings that had already worked their way thru some of the bearings.......This guy laid on his back under my car all day, and rolled in a full set of main and rod bearings, and a new oil pump and pickup....then wouldn't accept any money for it! I had to force him and his friends (who also towed me 132 miles!) to take the hotel room I got for them (they were sleeping in the car every other night so they could afford gas and food)
I never got to do the race, but had a great time anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Use a magnate and continue to keep count. I have used the telescoping type to find stuff. If you are missing one bearing be ready to tear it down.:(

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is not even debatable. Tear it down and save yourself a lot of money and hassel.

·
Registered
810 Posts
We lost the timing chain in the new motor on the 62 a few weeks ago and out it came and we took in down unitl we felt we had all the broken parts.

Sorry but you have to find them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts