Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was leaving yesterday from Nicks, I stopped at the Chevron next door to get some gas. I saw a fellow member working on his Nova, it was leaking water from the water pump. He was gonna have to get it towed home. I was just wondering if he and his girl made home safely, I forgot to get there names.

Anyone know who they were? Light blue 1st or 2nd gen, young couple.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Scott,
Yeah, his name is Sean (you wont forget that name now!:no:) and his girl friends name is Jessica. His car was a Malibu not a Nova. He was invited by Steve (no67va). Real nice couple. The leak was behind the water pump, you know the plate that bolts on the back side? Well, Steve ran back to Nicks and borrowed the pepper out of a couple pepper shakers and dump em in the radiator. It stopped the leak to a drip and Sean got home fine! Thanks for asking!

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Well, Steve ran back to Nicks and borrowed the pepper out of a couple pepper shakers and dump em in the radiator. It stopped the leak to a drip
Is that a real trick?How does it work?never heard of it before:confused:bm

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
It works...sometimes. It's a cheap bandaid if it does work, so it's worth a shot. Basically the pepper floats around in the coolant, and gets pushed out through the leak, some bits fit through, some don't...and it collects and plugs up the hole.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
yes it really works :yes:
a fellow co-worker rear ended me on the freeway on the way home one day :eek:...he ripped some of the core of the radiator in half it was leaking like a stuck pig we bent over the ripped cores and it still leaked alot ,so...i put some ordinary table peper in the radiator and it plugged all the leaks ,and he ran it that way for over a year, :rolleyes:no leaks

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
It works...sometimes. It's a cheap bandaid if it does work, so it's worth a shot. Basically the pepper floats around in the coolant, and gets pushed out through the leak, some bits fit through, some don't...and it collects and plugs up the hole.
Thats right, it was only a bandaid like Pat said. It saved the hassel of AAA and tow trucks etc.. He just needed to get home and in this case it worked out good!:yes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott,
Yeah, his name is Sean (you wont forget that name now!:no:) and his girl friends name is Jessica. His car was a Malibu not a Nova. He was invited by Steve (no67va). Real nice couple. The leak was behind the water pump, you know the plate that bolts on the back side? Well, Steve ran back to Nicks and borrowed the pepper out of a couple pepper shakers and dump em in the radiator. It stopped the leak to a drip and Sean got home fine! Thanks for asking!
Good to hear!!!! Wow cant believe I completely didnt realize it was a malibu...glad they got home safely!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
i heard a egg works if you have a hole too :yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yep, heard that one too. Eggs, pepper, heck might as well throw some toast and bacon in there for good measure...:D
I'd never make it home anyway, I'd have to stop to eat!:rolleyes::D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts