Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone decode this particular code off of my broadcast sheet. I recently found the sheet under the rear seat and the second code on line 2, in the number 2 box, is the code CRD. I've searched Steve's and Google, and no list I've come across has this code explained. Maybe someone else has already figured it out. . .Thanks,

Mike S.
Bon Aqua, TN

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CRD - RPO Code

It just occurred to that when I bought my '69, the seller said it was a radio-delete car . . . Could that RPO code I asked you guys about stands for 'radio delete'. So far, no one has come up with an explanation for the 'CRD' on my broadcast sheet.

Anyone agree?

Thanks,

Mike S.
Tennessee

·
13,723 Posts
There was no such thing as a radio delete in any year of Chevy II or Nova. All these cars were built without standard equipment radios. You got one if you ordered it as an extra cost factory option or paid the dealer to install one when the car was delivered. Otherwise, no radio. A true delete removes something that would have come on the car as standard equipment IE: heater delete. Heaters were standard equipment and you could delete them by ordering RPO C48 on 1st and 2nd generation cars.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Can anyone decode this particular code off of my broadcast sheet. I recently found the sheet under the rear seat and the second code on line 2, in the number 2 box, is the code CRD. I've searched Steve's and Google, and no list I've come across has this code explained. Maybe someone else has already figured it out. . .Thanks,

Mike S.
Bon Aqua, TN
Mike,

Possible could be...

{From another site}

FLT like CRD are not 100% identified.

I believe that FLT = Fleet or possibly dealer ordered for stock. While CRD = Customer Ordered.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts