Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car show & midnight cruise. I'm going to try my hardest to have my custom 4th gen there. Still alot of cleaning & assembly to do. But I'll be there in my 64 buick special convertable rat rod if all else fails.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have room reserved
but i dont know if i will make with the nova
my wife is due in november so the trip in the old car might not be the best interest

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, pregnant women aren't good travelers. I've got a wife & 4 kids, so we'll be taking 2 cars. The Grand country Inn is right on the strip & has a real nice indoor waterpark, I'm pretty sure thats where everybody in my family but me will be at. Hope to see you there Lucas.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just done a week vacation in West Branson, just down the street from where this show will be. How big of show is this? I was thinking about going but it seemed pretty 'hoity-toity" focused on pre 60's concorse stuff. Wouldn't want to be a fish out of water.

·
Registered
67 Posts
its a cruise-in.
meaning that both sides of the streets are lined with people from one end of branson to the next
stealing the water out of the swimming pools and dumping on the roads
for burn outs .
traffic is a pain butt if you have a old car you basiclly have right away,
cops running down the road tring to give ever car that smokes the tires a ticket
the roads look like a drag strip after wards.

their is a car show at sheppard of the hills.

but you can look all day at the motel parking lots because they are filled with cars

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sounds like a good time. :devil: I am going to do my best to get there.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Its called "Cruising Branson Lights" and I have made the event a couple of times.

The first time - I tried to drive in the midnight cruise. Its bumper to bumper, moving just a few feet at a time.

The second time - I did the daytime car show, but for the cruise, I found me a good roadside spot and watched the cars creep by.

It definitely is worth a visit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
you have to atleast make it once to see if you like it or not
im a spectator at night but like to roam around and look during the day

·
Registered
733 Posts
We have a room reserved for 2 nights down there.A freind of mine talked me it into a few months ago.We reserved a room on the strip for 35 dollars for 2 nights.(That's 35 dollars a person)

Don't know if I am going to be able to make it.The girl freind really really wants to go though.It would probably be a nice time though.I need to relax for a couple days.And a car cruise just might be the ticket....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Registered today. Looking forward to it. Staying at the Chateau on the Lake. If I get the time, I want to go see stuffed Trigger at the Roy Rogers museum :devil: I understand Dale is there as well :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
They have the shepard of the hills car show during the day and then the cruise late that night. If you have a car that comes close to overheating then dont do the cruise it is slow and up and down some killer hills. HIlls are the whole town of Branson. I wanted to put a 6 speed in my 72, but because i want to go to this cruise every year, i will just stay with the automatic.....:yes:

very fun time. My 72 isnt ready though.... dangit....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've already decided to watch the cruise rather than participate. Too bad yours is not ready. If this year works out, we might be back for more.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
We went for our first time. Entered the show Saturday and got some respectible results. The vert seems to attach a lot of attention. Not as many first gen's at the show as I had hoped, but all the Nova's present were very nice. :yes: Met some nice Nova Owner's, but no one owed up to being SNS members, and if they were they sure didn't look like thier Avatar's. :D Got some leads on parts I was looking for and some great advice. Did not participate in the offical midnight cruise so we could watch how things went. It was pretty cool. Line was about 2 miles long and lasted 1 hour. The drivers stayed off the burn-outs apparently due to local law enforcement pressure. We left around 1 after the first pass, so it might have gotten crazy later on. I would say there was over 1000 people lining the Branson stripe to watch. I think next year we will definetly join the cruise rather than site with the masses. I will post my pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some real nice cars there in the pics. :yes:I got a couple more pics that weren't in the show.We got there late, the show was practically over. It was very hot outside! Especially in the gridlocked cruise. Next year I'll have air & electric fans to help that a little. Over all it was a good experience, but a bunch (a mob) of punks ended up in our parking lot, were tricking people to do burnouts, one guy had a loud speaker saying"There's no cops man, go for it!" while unmarked cars sat in the parking lot behind them. A cop was up at the next entrance to the lot directing the tire smokers in. They had customers lined up waiting for their tickets. All the while they were throwing beads at the cops and cursing them, throwing beads at cars, bikes, & trucks they didn't like. One guy in a mustang said something back to em' & here came a beer bottle from the back of the crowd, the guy saw it, & was able to nail it into the turn lane just as the bottle crashed on the ground behind them. Thier last little bit of fun ended it all, when they hit some guy on a bike with beads, he pulled over & was about to get into it with the bead thrower, but all the sudden it was 50 or more punks to one guy. The next thing you know 20-30 cops show up & vacate the whole parking lot, even if you had a room, but the pool was next to the road, so we just moved over there. If you go there get a map so you can use side roads if needed. I'll try & post the few pic of the Novas I got later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts