Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 Nova SS with the factory drum brakes. When idling around, the brakes seem to be seizing up. Only the front brakes. Once the brakes cool down they seem to work fine.

I've replaced the master cylinder, rubber hoses, wheels cylinders, new stainless steel brake lines, and adjusted them quite a few times. I've asked lots of other people (at shows) to see if they might have the same problem with no luck. Also searched this website and haven't found anything.

Anyone have any ideas (besides a disc brake swap)??? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had a customer one time that came in to the shop with the front rotors glowing red (can't remember make of car) but he just had his oil changed at a chain store (jiffy lube) and they had filled the master all the way to the top of the resivior. When the fluid heated up it would expand and apply the front calipers so they would drag to the point of almost lock up. Only seen it once might be worth a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure that it's the m/c rod because it would be affecting the rear brakes as well. It's also strange that it only happens when the brakes are hot. Also, thanks for the suggestion dave, but the fluid in the m/c is right where it's supposed to be.

Any other suggestions/ideas??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts