Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nova friends,
I heard that if you swap front drums to discs, you have to add a proportioning valve. Is this true? If so, what do you guys recomend? Plus I was thinking I would cut the springs too. The car sits level right now but it's to high in the front and I would like a slight rake, how many coils should I cut off. I was thinking no more than two????

Thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yes you need to run a prop valve because the front dics take more pressure to work than the drums do you may want to get an adjustable prop valve from wilwood or check out jegs a summit to see what they have im running a stock 68 or so chevelle one you can them from any auto part store i think as for coil springs i wouldnt cut two out :no: it will have a choppy ride i would do 1 coil this should drop it maybe an inch or so if you want it lower i would suggest lowering springs for your car

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yep. combo valve for disc/drums. I have disc/disc and use a proportioning valve, adjustable unit from wilwood. JR

·
Registered
324 Posts
The duel master cylinder I have from classic came with the proportioniung valve when I bought there disc brake set up.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I have the Wilwood adjustable. Works great.

I never changed mine and it stops fine from 135+
Don't you know by now Mike you are the exception. LOL :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
If you are running GM calipers, just get the correct Master cylinder and proportion valve for a 73 Nova with disk brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts