Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if 1967 Camaro disc brakes 4 piston calipers caliper brackets backing plates rotors and hoses will fit on a 1969 Nova? i have drum brakes at this time and going to change them over. i know i have to remove .5 inches off the top boss for disk but just not sure these will fit. seems like a good deal for 150.00:)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
anyone know if 1967 Camaro disc brakes 4 piston calipers caliper brackets backing plates rotors and hoses will fit on a 1969 Nova? i have drum brakes at this time and going to change them over. i know i have to remove .5 inches off the top boss for disk but just not sure these will fit. seems like a good deal for 150.00:)
This set up was a rare option. If its in good shape, its worth way more than that. The restorers would be all over that. You could sell it and upgrade to a Baer or Wilwood kit! The 4 piston calipres were tempormental and the discs are hard to find.

The short answer is yes it would work.

Tim

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
The way I hear it, those 4 piston units had many issues. There are repops of them available now so they probably aren't worth as much to collectors now.
If you just want discs, get them from a Chevelle, or Camaro with single piston calipers, much more common and parts are available anywhere.

·
Registered
982 Posts
if they are stock parts, then yes, its a direct fit. but if they are stock parts, I would replace the calipers either with stock single piston, or a new 4 piston from another company. the seals on the pistons went quick on all the original 4 pistons I have seen here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts