Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some brake parts off a guy swapping out his set up off a 69 camaro. i got this valve with the stuff and am not sure if its what i need. im changing my manual drums over to stock style power disc. is this the correct valve for disc/drum set up? if yes do i need a secondary valve for the rear or is this ok by itself? any help would be great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes that's correct, the proportioning valve for OEM disc and drum brake options for 68-74 is the same. You shouldn't need another valve.

The bracket looks the same too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks BecketMANova. after i started the swap i noticed it looked alot like my 4 wheel drum one i just took off. and looking at pictures i see some people run a small round valve behind one that looks like this on some setups. just trying to get my car on the road with a very small budget so i have to use alot of old and used parts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Gary i will check the valve before i put it in. also is this the other part i need? i didnt get this piece from the guy.::mad: this is just a photo i found online. i see new ones for sale but with everything else i need right now even that is out of the budget for the moment:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts