Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my car currently, before it was missing a lot of parts and I am slowly finding out more and more parts that are missing.

Today I come to realize that the reason that my pedal flops around, is because the brake push rod is missing. It is a manual brake set up. Where can I get one of these?

I also was missing the brake proportioning valve, where can I get one? Will a generic one work?

I am building a drag car so I am not worried about being 100% correct but I want some thing that will work well.

Also, is there some place I can go to find out what brake line fittings I am going to need?

·
Registered
399 Posts
classic industries has the push rod assembly

MANUAL PUSH ROD SET

Special heavy duty push rod converts cars equipped with power brakes to manual brakes. Uses present master cylinder. Must have deep hole in piston. Rod adjusts 8-1/2" TO 9-1/2" from tip of the rod to the center of the mounting hole.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

Part Number: # 398721

In Stock
$ 22.99 set
Qty:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
classic industries has the push rod assembly

MANUAL PUSH ROD SET

Special heavy duty push rod converts cars equipped with power brakes to manual brakes. Uses present master cylinder. Must have deep hole in piston. Rod adjusts 8-1/2" TO 9-1/2" from tip of the rod to the center of the mounting hole.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

Part Number: # 398721

In Stock
$ 22.99 set
Qty:

That one will work with non-power? it says it converts it, just want to clear this up

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, it will work, I bought a used factory one from Chevy ii only and it looks identical to this, I have manual brakes front disk, rear drum with a cpp master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts