Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what i got. I have a little bite of brakes like they are not bleed right but i bleed them over and over again and i get good stream no air! and when the the car is off the petal is real hard and when then car is on alot softer but i have a little brakes! can it be the master or can it be the booster.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
slide under the car and inspect all hoses, wheel cylinders and calipers for any signs of wet/dampness if the booster was bad the pedal will be extremely hard, a bad master the pedal will lose pressure... check the master...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been under the car a few times and no leaks and everything is dry and when the car is on the pedal is loose but i get very very little brake and i checked to make sure the rear drums were making contact and they are and i jacked up the front and was spinning the wheel and pushed the brake and it stopped but not enough to stop the car when driving!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could the mater have air in it? the booster was off my last car and master but they were laying around for 1 year 1/2 should i bench bleed the master again?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bleed the master. Pick up a set of plug offs. After bleeding put plug offs in. If the pedal goes to the floor then your master cylinder is your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts