Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a brake pedal pad to fit my 78. Classic Industries only makes pads for up to 77. Will this work on my 78? I currently have a smaller pedal pad like the manual transmission cars came with. I have some manual transmission parts like the linkage boot and frame plate still mounted in my engine bay. Car could possibly have been a 6cyl / 3 speed....Dunno...Anyways, what brake pedal pad can/should I get?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
GM brake pedal pads usually have a part number stamped inside them.

I just purchased one from my local dealership.

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
If it is the small manual transmission pedal you will need that type of pad and it will be the same as the 77.
Do you have power or manual brakes? I have some power brake pedals if you want to install one into your car. Installation is easy, less than a 30 minute job. Save the manual trans pedals and linkage stuff you have it is real hard to get any of it.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I guess I will use the small 77 pad for MT setup. Ill try to post a picture. To make sure it will work. Thanks Phillip for the info, and I just might take you up on that pedal. The pads are nice and wide. Know why CI only lists an AT brake pad up til 77? Will they work anyways?

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
The manual brake and power brake pedals are different for both auto and manual transmissions. Do you have power brakes? I would have to look but I do not think I have any manual brake pedals.
Can not say on CI's listing of parts, but I do know that most of what is in the catalog for 4th gens has not been produced yet and may not be for years to come. They are compliing interest lists on the photos they put in the catalog to determine how many they can sell before they start production.

·
Registered
359 Posts
looking at your gear selector, it appears to be for an automatic, i believe i can see the "PRND21" options in your dash board.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the pad that was duck taped to the pedal and this is what is under there. I think this is the manual transmission pedal

old pad

Here are the parts in my engine bay

some progress

Almost there

·
Registered
359 Posts
yep, those look like manual transmission brackets. Let me know if you are interested in selling them, i am interested in buying them.

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
That is a manual transmission brake pedal and the frame bracket for the clutch cross shaft. If you want the power brake pedal I have (with a good pad on it) PM me.

The pad you removed from your pedal is an aftermarket offshore creation. You can get a stock replacement pad for it since they are the same for 73- 74 Novas and the later 2nd gen Camaros.

CI has made some of the parts in their catalog. I did get new front marker lights and the gaskets from them. I can not tell you for sure which items in the catalog they have actually reproduced, but I know that none of the tail light parts are available yet.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No rod, just the boot. The car came this way with a v8 swap. I assumed the TH350 was standard. Any guess on the original car setup? So I don't have power brake pedal right now? Any advantages to power setup?

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
By manual I meant the pedal is for a manual transmission. The pin location and size the the brake rod attaches to is different between manual brakes and power brakes. I can post a photo after work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts