Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The smart guys i bought the car from went rubber all the way on fuel and brake lines.

I finished the fuel line and it came out pretty good, now for the brake lines...

A little hesitant to tackle this project, and wondering if there is an outfit that sells pre fab brake lines for 1st gen nova's? Wondering if it would even work? and considering to have the lines done by a shop.

any input appreciated

thanks,

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Wow, they went rubber on all the lines? I didn't even know that was possible to do on brakes. I bought pre-fabbed lines for my '69 from Classic Industries. I didn't put them on yet, but they look great.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Another vote for Right Stuff brake lines, they fit well and customer support is very helpful. If its not done yet, this would be the time to do a dual reservoir master cylinder upgrade. They make the lines prebent for it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Call the Right Stuff Detailing, great to work with and have all the lines you need.

(800) 405-2000 or getdiscbrakes.com
X2 on Right Stuff!! I just finished installing a disc brake set up (and CBR lower arms, Thanks Chuck!). I bought the complete set of brake lines (pre-bent) from Right Stuff. When you look at the lines you get and your 1st Gen engine bay with a V8 w/ headers stuffed in there, you think to yourself "no way are these lines going to fit in there". But I was amazed at how easy they were to get into place with just a little wrestling slight bends adjusted! The lines to the rear were of course much easier still. The lines they sent me were a great product and fit up very well. I truly was amazed! No need to talk about how well the CBR stuff fit. Pretty much everybody that has ever touched them knows they make a great product that is very easy to install! Getting a bit long winded here. They both truly have excellent products!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have installed Inline Tube a couple of times and the Pre packaged lines had all the right bends in all the right places.
Currently have a set ready to go on my 65.

James

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GOT LINES FROM CLASSIC IND. THEY WORK EXCEPT FOR THE REAREND LINES, BECAUSE MY REAR IS SHORTENED. I RECENTLY ORDERED THE REAR LINES FROM ALL STAR AND THEY ARE FLEXIBLE BRAIDED LINES. I'LL BE INSTALLING THEM AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE! :yes: THE REST IS STAINLESS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts