Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. I'm at home my car is at a friends garage.and i want to order a roll of brake line. do you know what size i need on a 67, 3/16 or 1/4. I'm to lazy to drive over there to measure

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
3/16 it comes in 2-3-4-5 ft sticks, napa and oryllies or how ever you spell it
Oh yeah, they make it simple. I cut and flared every piece of brake line in my car from eight foot sticks. Knowing better now, I would just buy sections pre-made. Oh wait, you may have been talking about napas bare line huh? But all the same. I would buy the line ready to go. Simple matter of bending it and mounting, DONE.. JR

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I bent my 3/16 lines when I upgraded my 64 wagon to front disc. My front circuit is 1/4 and front to rear is 3/16. You might want to run over and confirm. Good learning experience to bend and flare your own lines ... if you have a lot of time and a lot of extra line :eek:.

I bought a good Imperial flaring tool, bender and cutter. In line tube http://www.inlinetube.com/ and The right stuff detailing are good places. Also, are you going stainless or OEM steel? (the OEM steel is easier to bend but won't keep its' shine)

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts