Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping my drum brakes on my 64 Nova to discs. I bought a dual master cylinder for it that is for a 67 Nova since that is the first year for disc/drum. My question is what size lines should I run to the front brakes? Also the rear outlet on the master looks to take a 1/4 inch line while the front looks to take 3/16. On my car the original brakes ran 1/4 out of the master to the fronts and then drop to 3/16. Do I run everything in 3/16 and get a different fitting or adapter to run 3/16 out of the master for both? Or do I run a new 1/4 inch line to the rear and remove the whole existing 3/16? I am not real familiar with brake line sizes so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
If I replaced my brake lines I would run all 3/16, but the size you run will not affect braking whatsoever.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I replaced my brake lines I would run all 3/16, but the size you run will not affect braking whatsoever.
That pretty much answers my question:) So all I need to do is reduce the fittings to accommodate the 3/16 lines and i'll be good to go? Thanks for the advice, Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts