Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G Day all, I looking for a diagram of how to run my brake lines on 4 wheel disc brake system. I will be using a Dual res. Non-power master cylinder due to fender well headers. Interested in a pic or diagram. I am understanding that 4 wheel disc brakes does NOT need a proporting valve. They are used on a drum/disc setup. Tks for your time.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Four wheel disc brakes DO require a proportioning valve. The adjustable kind like the one from Wilwood allows you to set the brake bias between the front and rear brakes. You do not want the rear brakes to lock up before the front or you could easily lose control. Think of the valve as a type of pressure regulator. Who ever you purchase the master cylinder from should be able to provide the correct diagram and proportioning valve for your particular application.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did get a proportioning valve with the kit. It hangs "under" the master cyl. (stock dual res manual) The information regarging "routing" the new brake line was crap. It was a CPP unit. I have wilwood disc on the rear. I will plan on installing one. I heard both ways. Tks for your imput.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
You can get a rear brake line for a 67 as they had dual reservoir master cylinders. That will give you the proper factory brake line routing path. It will run down the driver side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts