Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing front disc brake kit for my 63 wagon and going to add a dual m/c with a 67 Chevy II booster and some kind of prop valve. I know since I now have single m/c and manual brakes I will have to run all new brake lines from front to back and front to front so they all have their own seperate lines, one for back and one for front of course... Anyway I see CPP has some kind of brake line kit for this for about $67 or $70. Has anyone used this kit before? I know how to make and flare my own lines and I know this is MUCH cheaper than the expensive brake line kit but I am to the point that I just want a kit already figured out length wise and flared so I can just put the thing together and get it done before tearing it down for sandblasting and paint.
Thanks for any oppinions on this! I am not sure who else makes a brake line kit or if they even fit good but I figured some here have tried it and know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
same story...

ya i was wondering the same thing, i have a 63 wagon also. i have a new ford 9" and a new heights mustII front with 11" willwood rotors all around. plus ladder bars that has a crossmember that altered the rear floor....i guess my ? is, if i do break down and pay for a line kit, will it even line up with all the new stuff?

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I upgraded my 64 to front disc dual M/C. I got the line from the Right Stuff and bent it myself. I followed the front line and joined the rear at the passenger side firewall. Make sense?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it doesn't make sense but I have not looked at how these brake lines are on these cars so I have to pull the car out of the back yard to where I can see and check it out. If the kits work then again I'd rather save myself the hassle and time of bending and flaring myself and needing to buy a new flaring tool and just put the things on.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Those kits run two parallel lines underneath the cross member. One line comes off the original brake line block on the left side and connects to the right junction block. A plug is installed where the rear line would connect to.

The second line runs along the cross member and ties into the rear line.

It's an easy way to solve this problem. Worked great for me.

Tim

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I installed the CPP disk brake kit on my 62 which came with the add line to seperate the front from the rear by running the new line across to the right side junction box. Instructions were a little sketchy, but worked out fine. I also purchased new liine to rear and both rear axle lines. Somewhat painless.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Shawn.

MP Brakes is located in Mooresville just a few doors down from RWI

they will be your best bet and local.

I have there complete system on my car.

www.mpbrakes.com

Al

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Al, I will probably go with them then since like you said, they are local and if you have it and it works then great.
I am trying to buy the kit from the guy on here with the dropped spindles and disc brakes but I haven't heard back from him. I sent him a PM with a total price shipped and said I will Paypal the money as soon as I hear from him and then posted in the thread, but heard nothing back...???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts