Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 62 post Car that I me converting to Disc/Drum non power dual M/C
Muy question is what prebent brake line kit do I use 62-67.
Light manipulation is OK but I dont want to custom bend all the lines by hand.
Do I need a distibution block.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
wskaiser said:
I would think the 67 line kit would be the easiest to use since the 67 came with a split master cylinder from the factory.
67 was the first year to offer the dual master cyl.

Just remember this....
  • (62-66) with a single resevoir the brake line comes out the master cyl, to the drivers T fitting, over across the support to the passenger side T, out the rear to feed both rears.
  • (67) with a dual master cyl. The front resevoir feeds the front brakes and the rear resevoir feeds the rear brakes. Therefore, the front to rear brake line drops straight down off the rear resevoir near the steering box and runs along the drivers side floor.

You must plug off the rear outlet on the passenger T if you use the 67 driver side front to rear brake line. Otherwise you wouldn't build pressure on your front line.

I made the mistake of buying the front to rear brake line for a 66 v8 before deciding to go with a dual master cyl. What a pain in my a$#. I had to order two front to front brake lines so I could splice into the new front to rear 66 line on the passenger side. Needless to say I had two simultaneous lines running across the front. I still had to plug the rear port on the passenger T block and splice straight into the front to rear line.

Hope this makes sense. LEt me know if you're still confused.

I THINK A 67 BRAKE LINE WOULD WORK FOR A 62. NOT SURE THOUGH.

Dave

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Here is what I'm doing,
I bought 62-65 FRONT line kit, I have test fit a couple lines will install this weekend.
67 REAR line and the 67 lines for the rearend.
I'm hopeing this all goed togeather good. I may haveto cut a small section out for a adj. prop valve, we will see. I still need the maser cyl. but other than that I should get the swap sone this weekend.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I would recommend a brake line kit for a 67. The early Novas dimensions were basically the same, and the 67 had a factory dual master. The line kits aren't that expensive, and the fit is GREAT.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Inline Tube

nova656567 said:
I would recommend a brake line kit for a 67. The early Novas dimensions were basically the same, and the 67 had a factory dual master. The line kits aren't that expensive, and the fit is GREAT.
I would call Inline Tube in Shelby Twp. Michigan, they have this stuff programmed into thier computers for production, and they'll get you just what you need. Thier tech support is very good also. Basically you want the system to be like a 67 setup.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I used a conversion line kit from CPP. Worked very well and simple. I have a 64 with the rear line running down the passenger side.

Tim

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I have been using new brake line kits from The Right Stuff Detailing with excellent results. We were so impressed with their hard lines, that we started stocking & selling them. They are available in OEM steel, and stainless steel.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Hey Funky. What size diameter is the f-r line? 3/16 or 1/4? I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I all ready have the 67 master and the front line kit from Chevy2Parts. I'll also be plumbing a line lock in the front. I also was told that it didn't matter which port was used for the front or rear. Is this correct, or does it make a difference? Dave

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Last week I just installed the ront brake lines, was a snap. The only thing that I had to remove was the strut rod brackets to get the left to right line in. They fell into the factory clips. I also bought a 67 rear line kit that I will install when I get the floor pan in and the new rear in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts