Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'73 Non Power with Drum Brakes. What's needed? What can I grab a booster from in the Junkyard, or does it have to be Nova? Do I need an operating rod from a Nova? I got a buddy that may let me steal the booster setup from the one he wrecked a hundred years ago, but I'll need a new booster probably.
I'm also planning for LS brakes. I'm hoping to get a junkyard set, as there are a few Camaros/Firebirds left from 98-02. :turn:

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,999 Posts
I know on my 68 I used the same rod but the brake pedal itself had two holes for the rod and I had to move it to the other hole. I used after market booster and master designed to fit my car so not sure about what will fit what.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why not buy a setup built for your car? I'm all for getting stuff cheap if you can but when it comes to brakes, there is no room for mistakes. :no:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm trying to see what fits before I have to order a bunch of stuff that might not.
Why buy parts twice? You can get a new master cylinder/booster combo very cheap online. Do your homework online before grabbing possibly junk used parts from a junkyard.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts