Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last 2 years I buy from eBay a NEW Delco moraine style 11" single diaphragm brake booster, it come with "delco moraine " stamp and the bag said "GM genuine restoration part", well, the booster has die about 1000 km of use,( I think is a chinese reproduction :mad::mad::mad:), In Chile is impossible to find a new booster or repair one.

I need your opinion about the Acdelco 14pb4521 , Cardone 54-71113 or bendix R2518027 , all remanufactured.

Because Chile is too far from EEUU is not trivial to buy one and it fail in a little time,

I need you opinion and help .

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance

Waldo.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
i just had the same problem. I went with oreilly/autozone reman unit. first one look like it fell out of the back of a truck. the 2nd worked but box wasnt beat up like the first one. Are you running the boot between the firewall and booster to keep dirt and debris out? If not then i would think that is the cause units not to last. also you can buy brand new universal unit and use brackets made for the nova or send it off to be rebuild. those are the only options i know of.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks, sent to rebuild to United States is no choice because the ship price between Chile and Your country is really expensive.

The fail is produced when the brake pedal is released in this momment the booster lose vacuum, but when I press the brake pedal "works fine" , I would like to open the booster and repair with my hands...but maybe is a dangerous procedure....

Waldo.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
in your case, i would like for a high quality aftermarket booster new. that or maybe finding brake shop where your at that might be able to rebuild it. i myself haven't found any rebuild kits for are units.

Have you tried a new check valve? It kind sound like that might be the problem as the original booster made a hissing sound like a air leak. 2nd booster just flat out didnt boost anything.

Also what is the engine vacuum at the booster line?

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/129

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in your case, i would like for a high quality aftermarket booster new. that or maybe finding brake shop where your at that might be able to rebuild it. i myself haven't found any rebuild kits for are units.

Have you tried a new check valve? It kind sound like that might be the problem as the original booster made a hissing sound like a air leak. 2nd booster just flat out didnt boost anything.

Also what is the engine vacuum at the booster line?

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/129
Hi,

I find this site who offers rebuild kits...

http://harmonclassicbrakes.com/

The vaccum line is connected directly to the engine port , here in Chile nothing repair this booster, maybe I need to learn about how make teardown and "put my hand" to resolve this issue....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts