Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So upgraded to four disc brake, changed all lines and added new master cylinder and booster. Tried bleeding today got first three bleed, but driver front will not bleed. Checked the lines, fluid makes it to as far as the line attached to the caliper, but nothing comes out of the bleeder screw. I am out of ideas here. I need help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely removed bleeder, it is not blocked. Disconnected the line to the caliper fluid came out. Pressed the brake a little just to see, amd fluid poured out. So I am assuming the problem is somewhere in my caliper.

·
Registered
65 Super Sport
250 Posts
Completely removed bleeder, it is not blocked. Disconnected the line to the caliper fluid came out. Pressed the brake a little just to see, amd fluid poured out. So I am assuming the problem is somewhere in my caliper.
With the brake hose disconnected from the caliper and the bleeder screw removed blow some air into the caliper "gently" not at full pressure. If air escapes from the bleeder passage the caliper is ok. If not you may have a bad casting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bench bled master thoroughly cause I know how it goes if I didnt. I will look into those other things you guys mentioned. I will let you guys know what I find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update. So after much troubleshooting, I called in to right stuff and spoke to the tech guy. He said the cylinder may have been too far in, and blocking the hole and stopping flow. So try with pressurised air try to blow it out. Not having a comperssor I used a bike pump lol, with a plastic nozzle, stuck it into the hole for the banjo bolt, and blew out the cylinder,........ It popped out completely lol so after getting it back in seated just right and reconnected my lines, I now have folw. I will let you guys updated on the progress. Also thanks for all the help and tips.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,534 Posts
Thanks for keeping everyone posted on your latest results. The information you provided may be beneficial to others that undertake the same disc brake upgrade in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts