Chevy Nova Forum banner

Brake bleeding method

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JRouche 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice video. I like the lil vids guys make for simple operations. The grease as said is for an air seal, I like a really tight rubber hose, works just as well. One thing though, I dont like that black, dirty fluid in the container. You may be sucking that up into the wheel cylinder. I like a perfectly clean container and brand new fluid if you use that method. I use a vacuum anymore when bleeding. But nice vid. JR

#4 ·
I thought of making something similar to the one in the video but the hose would probably have to be different cause I think the bleeder screw on the disc are larger than the screws for the drums on the rear.

#6 ·
The method works like this. One man setup. You submerge the tube from your open bleeder screw into a CLEAN jar of NEW brake fluid. So you have the bleeder open and pump the pedal. It pushes out the air and pulls in fluid from the jar instead of air if you didnt have the jar. Kinda a back and forth thing. Thats why I didnt like the black fluid he was using, do you want that in your wheel cylinder?? JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.