Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am getting to the part where I need to run some trans cooler lines and rear brake lines.
Can anyone verify what the diameter of each should be and recommendations on what material should be used?
THanks,
Trevin

·
Registered
72 Posts
off the top of my head I only remember 3/8 dia lines for the trans cooler. brakes are a weird combination. disc vs drum, pwr vs std single or dual master etc. on my '74 I have 1/8 OD lines but the power master cylinder and brake equalizer block have fittings for 3/16 and 1/8 lines I used what stock l ines were on the car (1/8) and crossovers to make up to master and block. My '74 is drums brakes around.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
off the top of my head I only remember 3/8 dia lines for the trans cooler. brakes are a weird combination. disc vs drum, pwr vs std single or dual master etc. on my '74 I have 1/8 OD lines but the power master cylinder and brake equalizer block have fittings for 3/16 and 1/8 lines I used what stock l ines were on the car (1/8) and crossovers to make up to master and block. My '74 is drums brakes around.
Thanks JustDandy. I have 4 wheel disc brakes going in. All wilwood. I am thinking to replace all the lines up to the master cylinder.
Trevin

·
Registered
129 Posts
Factory transmission hard lines are 5/16" o.d., not 3/8".
Factory fuel line is 3/8" of most V8 cars, 5/16" on Straight Six/4 cylinder cars and the low power V8's.
Charcoal vapor canister to gas tank line 5/16"
Front brake lines are generally 3/16", line to rear on drum cars was 1/4", hard line on rear axle housing to each wheel is 3/16" line.
Factory never used 1/8" for anything , not even the transmission vacuum modulator lines...that would also be 3/16"

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Factory transmission hard lines are 5/16" o.d., not 3/8".
Factory fuel line is 3/8" of most V8 cars, 5/16" on Straight Six/4 cylinder cars and the low power V8's.
Charcoal vapor canister to gas tank line 5/16"
Front brake lines are generally 3/16", line to rear on drum cars was 1/4", hard line on rear axle housing to each wheel is 3/16" line.
Factory never used 1/8" for anything , not even the transmission vacuum modulator lines...that would also be 3/16"
Thanks Ericnova! Very good information.
Trevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts