Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna call BTO and see if I can get a group buy on some of their trannys....Anyone want in?
Batman09
Chester
F16fixr4real
3 so far...anyone else.Hopefully they will knock a couple hundred bux off of each tranny if we get enough people.....let me know..bm
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a price from them today for a group buy....200 4r stage 1..$1095
200 4r stage 2....$1195....stage 1 discount $100...stage 2 discount $200.If your in I need to know asap....I told the guy we would be calling him by friday.bm

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Is there a reason for the "by Friday"?

I realize they need the trannys built but if they are bringing them to Good Guys then Id think 2 weeks would be enough time to get them built still. I wonder how much for a package deal. I wish I could find my old receipt. I know my total ended up being like 1800-1900 by the time I had all the 700r4 stuff. Crossmember, TV and carb bracket, their press gauge kit for getting the tranny dialed in, (which I guess only one of us would need to purchase), what else would we need?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize they need the trannys built but if they are bringing them to Good Guys then Id think 2 weeks would be enough time to get them built still. I wonder how much for a package deal. I wish I could find my old receipt. I know my total ended up being like 1800-1900 by the time I had all the 700r4 stuff. Crossmember, TV and carb bracket, their press gauge kit for getting the tranny dialed in, (which I guess only one of us would need to purchase), what else would we need?
no reason....he said sooner is better then later.He said something about deciding on what to fill up the trailer with.He asked me when...I said I'd call back by the end of the week.He also said he would bring them to goodguys($saving $189 for shipping)His name is Chris gartner(if any of you guys want to call him and see if you can beat him down on the price alittle more(PLEASE DO)....right now he is giving us 10-15% off....I'd like it if he gave us 20-25% off)His number is 760-947-5240.....if any of you guys call....I said we're from stevesnovasite......post your results in this thread.bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll see if we can get a price for if we do 5 at a time.
cool..we still need 2 more then(3 confirmed).make sure you tell them this is the second tranny you bought from them..return customer:D

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody else want in on this?We are doing the group buy soon!bm

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Update............

Not any movement with the pricing BUT, more clarification with purchasing. For them to bring all the trannys of whoever wants to buy to the show we'd have to put a 500 deposit down beforehand with the number and type of tranny. The 500 would be a deposit for ALL the trannies. I could go ahead and do that with my card. If you pay CASH at the show, no tax. They will also bring enough accessories to cover everyone. Although you may want to call ahead and tell them what kind of car so they can bring crossmembers if you need them. We also wont have to pay shipping as Bruce mentioned but I think the real savings is the tax and break we already got. so basically about 190 off stage 1 and 290ish off stage 2. (factoring in tax) Post here if anyone else wants in. NEED to know by Monday night so I can let them know Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
that's a deal guys.... just not in a position this year....(shop comes first). next year......

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
that's a deal guys.... just not in a position this year....(shop comes first). next year......
It's a nice deal, but they don't appear to be offering a Stage 3 setup discount.

And it looks like they want to haul them to the show for pickup. That leaves anyone outside of CA out in the cold on this thing.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a nice deal, but they don't appear to be offering a Stage 3 setup discount.

And it looks like they want to haul them to the show for pickup. That leaves anyone outside of CA out in the cold on this thing.
This is not true:confused:Where did you get your information from?Anyone from SNS could have got in on this deal....outside of Norcal/Socal you would have had to pay the $180 shipping.It just so happens that Bowtie overdrives are coming to our local Super Chevy Show in 3 weeks.They said if we wait they will bring them to us...If we pay cash....no tax.Get your facts straight.
To everyone else...we got 3 people in on the group buy.The order has been placed.If anyone is still interested in buying one I'm sure BTO will honor the SNS group buy price!!!If you are not in Norcal you will have to pay shipping...Either way its still a great price!!bm

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Bruce, reading the thread, it does seem to say that if somebody wants a trans, their choices are stage 1 or stage 2, and that they need to be picked up at the show. Now that it is clearly known that the trans can be shipped, perhaps more will want to participate. I just wish I could!!!

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
This is not true:confused:Where did you get your information from?Anyone from SNS could have got in on this deal....outside of Norcal/Socal you would have had to pay the $180 shipping.It just so happens that Bowtie overdrives are coming to our local Super Chevy Show in 3 weeks.They said if we wait they will bring them to us...If we pay cash....no tax.Get your facts straight.
Easy there.

I got my "facts" as you call them from the posts in this thread. They seemed to indicate it was a local pickup deal on latter posts. Sorry I got confused.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
From talking to them on the phone

It sounds like we could get them for 100 or 200 off, I didnt discuss the stage3 cause noone was interested. The question could have been asked when Bruce orginally put this on here. If more people are interested, Im sure we could still get the discount. They did say bringing to the show would save us shipping so Im guessing you "out of staters" could get the discount. If you'd like one, send me your info and I'll compile a list and then call again Monday. The more we have the more leverage we'll have. At least thats what I was led to believe on the phone.
Also, I may have a Disneyland trip during that time, trying to schedule military leave when I can. Any chance someone could pick it up for me until the next weekend? I'd prepay of course

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Not any movement with the pricing BUT, more clarification with purchasing. For them to bring all the trannys of whoever wants to buy to the show we'd have to put a 500 deposit down beforehand with the number and type of tranny. The 500 would be a deposit for ALL the trannies. I could go ahead and do that with my card. If you pay CASH at the show, no tax. They will also bring enough accessories to cover everyone. Although you may want to call ahead and tell them what kind of car so they can bring crossmembers if you need them. We also wont have to pay shipping as Bruce mentioned but I think the real savings is the tax and break we already got. so basically about 190 off stage 1 and 290ish off stage 2. (factoring in tax) Post here if anyone else wants in. NEED to know by Monday night so I can let them know Tuesday.
Just a little heads up... If they know ahead of time, they can set you up with the right gear for the speedo. They need to know tire size, rear gear, and what kind of speedo (electronic or mechanical). They set mine up and the speedo is spot on!

Tim

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anybody else want in on this?We have a couple more days!!bm
ps thanks for the info tim

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Anyone else want in?

I'll call about the Stage 3 but for the stage 1 and 2 people, youd basically get the tranny shipped for free. So, no tax if you are out of CA and would pay a little less than what is on the website and it would be shipped. Let me know as I will need numbers by Tuesday (the 12th) night.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I guess its just the 3 of us

Downpayment has been made. Now I just need to find someone to pick mine up. :eek: ...............and let me have it when I come get it. Disney trip that week since it is the only time for me to get leave and free tickets for military. Any help down there, I know theres about 50 of you bay area guys..........

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Downpayment has been made. Now I just need to find someone to pick mine up. :eek: ...............and let me have it when I come get it. Disney trip that week since it is the only time for me to get leave and free tickets for military. Any help down there, I know theres about 50 of you bay area guys..........
Thanks adam,
I can't help you out but I bet if you start a new thread asking...I'm sure someone will help you out.bm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts